Chapter 3: The Truth

Before he can say anything else I stand up and practically run to my room.

As soon as I'm in my room I lock the door, what the fuck just happened? One second we were trying to drown each other in water and dish soap and the next he was kissing me.

I just had my first kiss with...Tobias. A guy who I don't even have feelings for, a guy who I've never even hung out with a part from our parents meetings. Okay so maybe I sound like I'm being over dramatic but considering I've never had a normal teenager life with dates and party's and all that I thought I could at least have a normal first kiss.

" Addie? "

I hear Tobias knocking on my door.

" Addie I'm sorry, I didn't mean to...do that. "

He says the last part awkwardly and I can tell his parents are standing there. I hear him sigh and walk away and I feel myself finally breath normal again.

I look in the mirror and I'm a complete mess, I'm entirely soaked with water and my hair is soaked with dish soap. As I take in my appearance my eyes go wide as I notice my dress had been pulled down a little from all the moving and fighting we had been doing and that my bra was exposed.

Did Tobias see my bra?

I quickly push the dreadful thought out of my head and begin to get ready to take a shower, hopefully that will get my mind off things.

~

I get out of the shower and as soon as I step in my room my mom is sitting on my bed waiting for me.

" Sweetie what happened? Tobias wouldn't tell us anything. "

" It's nothing mom, I was just over dramatic. "

I sigh, laying down on my bed.

" About? "

I bite my lip.

" He kinda..kissed me. "

I mutter sheepishly. As the words leave my mouth my mothers face turns from worried to delighted, I always thought when I told her about my first kiss she would be sharpening her kitchen knives.

" That's great! Wait, why did you run then? "

" I don't know! I panicked, I just don't like him like that. "

" But honey you haven't even gave him a chance, how do you know you don't like him? "

I guess that is true, it's not like I have experience dating or liking anyone but I always thought if you liked someone you always thought about them and felt an attachment. Maybe that's just in movies.

" I don't know mom.."

" Well just think about it, you have plenty of time and I have his parents number so if you ever want to call him let me know. "

She smiles and walks out of my room. Little does she know I don't have as much time as she thinks

~ The Next Day ~

I wake up at eleven in the morning and yawn getting up, that's weird usually my mom wakes me up if my alarm doesn't. I brush my teeth and then head downstairs to get some cereal for breakfast but stop in my tracks when I see my mom sitting at the table drinking her coffee with my college letter in her hand.

" What is this Addison Grace? "

She ask me sternly.

" How did yo-"

" I went to wake you up and it was on the floor but that doesn't answer my question. "

Damn it, it must have fallen out while I was a sleep.

" Mom...you have to let me go eventually. "

" Yes, eventually as in when you're ready and that is not now. "

" And when will I be? Next year? The year after that? Ten years? I can't just sit here while everyone else my age is out living their life, I want to have fun and live my life. "

" And why can't you do that here? "

I laugh.

" Maybe because you watch my every move and refuse to let me make one little mistake? "

" I don't want you to make mistakes because that's how you get in trouble. "

" Yes but that's also how you learn, I love you mom but I can't let you hold my hand for the rest of my life. I'm going and even if you don't agree to it. "

" Addison Grace you cannot disobey your mother! "

" I'm eighteen, I'm an adult and it's my decision. "

I leave the kitchen and go back up to my room, suddenly losing my appetite.