Kenma deadpanned at Kuroo's laughter, tightening his grip on his phone before sliding it back into his pocket and looking to those at his side.

Haruka had begun whispering something to Azumi, while Kuroo still laughed to himself and patted Kenma's head, and Kenma furrowed his brows at the two girls.

What are they whispering about. Do they know?

• • •

As soon as the group arrived to Gardenia, Haruka and Kuroo claimed one side of the booth, leaving Kenma to slide into the seat beside Azumi. She shot him a quick smile, and he widened his eyes before slumping down in the booth.

He put both hands into his pockets, feeling his phone in his right hand and a pack of coffee-flavored Pocky in his left.

When do I give it to her..? Kuroo is staring at me.

"Kenma, aren't you excited?" Haruka asked, causing Kenma to break from his thoughts as he looked toward her.

"What?"

"Not you too," she whined. "We're going to have lots of weekend practice matches with Karasuno this semester."

"Yeah, we know how much you like the little guy." Kuroo grinned, and Kenma sent him a glare.

"Okay?"

He tightened his fingers around his phone before fishing it out of his pocket, setting it in his lap and looking down to it to ignore the others at the booth.

Kuroo furrowed his eyebrows at his friend's behavior, staring from his place across from him. He sighed dramatically before crossing his arms and leaning back in his seat.

Haruka and Kuroo continued their volleyball conversation, discussing their plans and thoughts on nationals while Azumi stared out the window.

Kenma had begun playing one of his mobile games, not looking up from his screen at all, which didn't go unnoticed by the others at the booth.

"Kenma," Azumi whispered quietly, turning in the booth to look at Kenma instead of the window.

He felt himself jump just slightly in surprise, pausing the game in front of him and quickly turning his head.

She laughed lightly at his reaction, giving him a shy smile that he felt his face heat up at.

She's always smiling at me.

"What are you playing?" She asked quietly, but Kuroo's ears immediately tuned into the new voice.

Kenma turned his phone off quickly, forcing himself to answer normally but feeling his heartbeat catch in his throat.

"Nothing."

Oh, that was ruder than I wanted it to be.

She's not smiling anymore.

"Kenma." Kuroo spoke quickly, making the boy turn to him at his harsh tone. "Outside. Now."

"What do–" Kenma began, but Kuroo had already stood from his seat and looked down to him through dark eyes.

Ugh.