Not Bored and Lonely

Start from the beginning

Thus, it turned out that the one who learned the most from the Awesome Lessons was Gilbert.

During those lessons, Prussia realized that there was a reason nobody wanted to have him around anymore: even though he was awesome, he was also rude, obnoxious, and annoying. Canada was none of those things. So, Prussia started to watch. He learned simple things, like saying "Please" and "Thank you." He learned more complicated things, like how to make someone feel respected. He learned things he had never thought he needed to know before, like how to apologize when he did something wrong.

He also learned that, even though Matthew was quiet, shy, invisible, and not confident, he was polite, kind, generous, and caring.

Which, in Gilbert's opinion, made the Canadian pretty fucking awesome.

It was the World Meeting time again, and even though Spain was hosting, he'd been too "preoccupied with national affairs" (which everyone knew translated to "busy making love to Romano") to actually plan the meeting, so the actual running of the meeting fell to Germany. Again. Because Germany was actually a pretty nice person, he let his brother attend the meeting even though Prussia technically wasn't a country any more. That explained how the Prussian came to be invading Canada's hotel room the night before the meeting. Well, not invading so much as visiting. (It's not really an invasion when the person you're invading lets you in, after all. But Prussia liked to call it invading, because that sounded so much moreawesome.)

Gilbert lay sprawled on the bed with his laptop, sniggering at an elaborate, horrible, violent, and very awesome (in his opinion) Austria/Hungary fan fiction he'd written involving blood, guts, bombs, guns, tanks, cake, and the death of Mozart. Matthew was trying (and failing) to convince Gilbird to not roost in his hair.

"Hey, Mattie?" Prussia said suddenly.

"Oui?" Canada answered, letting Gilbird stay momentarily.

"For the meeting tomorrow, I got West to give you a ten-minute time block."

"You … what?"

"Got West to give you a ten-minute time block," Gilbert repeated calmly.

After Prussia said it a second time, it seemed to sink in to the Canadian's mind. Which wasn't a good thing, because it caused him to freak out. And not a minor freak out, either; it was a major, spazzing, flailing, eyes-bugging-out, talking-a-mile-a-minute, holy-sweet-whale-carcass-Germany-is-making-out-with-Romano, un-awesome freak out. It would've been fun to watch (after all, without schadenfreude, there would be no freude) if Prussia wasn't so worried that Canada would fall into something and hurt himself.

Wait just a second. Since when was Prussia, the egotistic, self-loving bastard, concerned about the welfare of others?

Was Poland suddenly straight or something?

Minor world crisis aside, it had been ten minutes, and the normally-quiet Matthew was still panicking.

"– and what if they all stare at me like they don't know who I am, because they don't know who I am, and they all ignore me, and Greece and Turkey start a war in the middle of the meeting again, and a hippopotamus falls out of nowhere, and Italy gets pregnant for no apparent reason whatsoever, and I bet nobody is even reading this because they all want to skip to the make-out scene at the end of the fan fiction, and something gets set on fire, and Hungary goes off on an evil rampage with her frying pan, and Switzerland starts shooting everyone except Austria and Liechtenstein, and I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY OH MON DIEU –"