That we may fall in love, every time we open up our eyes

Start from the beginning

Jiro looked lovely. Her dress dark against her skin, black because she refused to wear anything else, tapered off at her knees in the front and flower behind her, stopping at her ankles. No heals, hardly any makeup, no veil hiding her face. She threw tradition out the window and said, "To hell with it."

The ceremony was a blur. Kirishima remembered crying tears so large he couldn't see through them.

And before he knew it, they were sitting at their respective tables, Kaminari and Jiro in the middle of the room standing next to a towering cake nearly five tires high decorated in blacks, yellows, and purples. Kaminari was say words through tears, again, and Jiro didn't bother to speak to the crowd. Toasts were made from various people around the room and the cake was cut.

Kaminari smeared some on her cheek just so he could lick if off in front of everyone, and in retaliation, she grabbed a fist full of smushed cake and rubbed it across the length of his face. From forehead to chin. Cheek to cheek. And he turned, smiled, used his hands to wipe off the cake from his face and crossed the room to where Katsuki and Kirishima sat.

Oh.

Oh no. Before anything could be done, Katsuki had the cake that had once been on Kaminari's face rubbed in his hair and on the shoulders of his very expensive suit. Kirishima expected Katsuki to run up and dunk Kaminari's face into the lower tires of the cake, but when he heard a giggle escape Kirishima, he was smearing handfuls of food taken from his plate into his boyfriend's face.

Laughter erupted the room, and around them a full blown food fight broke out. Cake and mashed potatoes and vegetables were being thrown out the room, glasses of water being tossed onto heads. In the end, no one actually got to the taste the cake that costed an arm and a leg to have made. Only half of the bottom layer stood, but no one wanted to even try it because of the hands that had been desperately grabbing at it, looking for something to throw.

When everyone relaxed and the food flying over head finally stopped, Kaminari and Jiro had their first dance covered in unidentifiable foods. And it was beautiful in a way no one could explain.

Katsuki glanced at Kirishima, sitting happily on his chair, letting Riot lick off whatever he could find on his skin. His was vibrant and he could see and he was right there, in front of Katsuki, and suddenly he felt the weight in his pocket. A small box containing a ring he had been lugging around with him everywhere he went for over a month. No moment felt perfect enough, and every second he thought about it felt too soon. It hadn't been that long since they found each other after being apart for ten years, but he knew what he wanted. Katsuki was self assured in his desire to marry Kirishima. Yet, everytime he remembered the velvet box, he turned away from it like a coward.

He looked at Kirishima and wanted nothing more than for him to be his in every sense of the word.

Why did he have to be such a coward?

That night, after everyone drank and stuffed themselves full of whatever food they could find, people began to depart. Leaving their gifts and goodbyes, the venue was slowly emptied. Kirishima and Katsuki were one of the last to leave, stumbling towards the hotel their suite had been in.

Giggling and scolding, they moved down the hallway and hurried to rid their feet of their fancy shoes, and finally collapsed onto the king sized bed sat in the middle of the sweet. Their breaths heavy, Kirishima smiled at Katsuki with his face smashed against the soft mattress.

"What do you think they're doing right now?" Kirishima asked. "Kami and Jiro?"

Katsuki, laying on his back, scoffed and rolled his eyes. "What do you think they're doing? They just got married for fucks sake. What a dumb question."