Pulling at the seams, our once barren world now brims with life

Start from the beginning

Kaminari giggled. "Hell yeah, dude."

"I've heard the story," Sero said, food close to falling out of his mouth as he spoke. "Mina likes to tell that story during the nights she can't sleep. I hear this one," he pointed an accusing fork at Katsuki, "almost murdered you guys."

"I had never feared for my life until then."

"He tackled me into the snow," Kirishima added. "I was certain he would suffocate me."

"You would've deserved it too," Katsuki mumbled.

Kaminari's eyes lit up as he leaned in close, beckoning everyone to do the same. He giggled, shook his head, and said, "What if we did it again?"

"Oh fuck no. If we get caught, we're fucked Kaminari. F-u-c-k-e-d. I am not trying to go to jail." Katsuki instantly protested. "You've lost your damn mind."

"That's why we won't get caught. Don't be a pussy bro."

"Have you not grown up at all?"

"I'm offended. Of course I am. I'm an adult. I pay bills, I work. Hell, I'm about to get married, dude. I'd say I'm pretty damn grown. But I also know that I wanna live my life to the fullest. So grow some balls and do this with us." Kaminari looked Katsuki right in the eye. Daring him to try to argue with him that night. He didn't waver as Katsuki sent a glare that would scare the socks off of a normal person. But Kaminari wasn't normal. He wasn't ever phased by that look. Not even in their youth.

Katsuki leaned back, crossed his arms over his chest, and let out a sigh of defeat before giving the smallest nod of his head. "Fine. But if we get caught, I will castrate you."

"Oh thou of little faith..."

Kirishima hadn't ever run so hard in his life before. Not even when he was running from Katsuki. Never again will they trust Kaminari. We won't get caught, he said. They weren't caught, but Sero had fucked up. He was spotted trying to leave through the bathroom window after one of the hosts had grown suspicious, and the group was chased down the street. Running with a cane was a skill Kirishima never had the chance to polish. He tripped and staggered his way down the sidewalk, Katsuki doing his best to support him in his drunken state.

Once, they almost fell when Kirishima' s foot tapped an object he had missed when tapping his cane from side to side, and it was like his life flashed before his eyes as he felt himself begin to lose what balance he could maintain. Katsuki' s arms were quick to wrap around Kirishima and his legs were strong enough to keep them from toppling over onto the dirty sidewalk.

Kirishima didn't know what time they made it home. The apartment was quiet, all except for Riot who was far too excited to see that his human had made it home safely. Kirishima and Katsuki felt around in the dark of the apartment, feeling around for the open door to their room. They stumbled over the clothing scattered about the floor, collapsing until the bed upon finding it.

Katsuki stared at Kirishima for the longest time. The several minutes feeling an eternity in the silent room. Kirishima held his gaze, or tried to in the dimly lit room, until Katsuki broke it and covered his eyes. He started to speak in tongues and words Kirishima couldn't decipher. Slurred vowels, crushed sentences that sounded too fast, words that couldn't have been real. Drunk talk that obviously made sense to no one but Katsuki.

There was something about Kaminari and how that idiot somehow managed to bag himself such an amazing girl. How he deserves a sense of happiness. Somehow Mina gets brought up. But then he's looking at Kirishima again.

"God, Shitty Hair. I love you so much, you know that right? You're just... perfect."

And Katsuki went on. Kirishima wasn't sure if there was an end in sight to Katsuki' s ramblings, so gently, ever so gently, Kirishima slipped his hands up Katsuki's neck and rested them on his cheeks. Smooth, unharmed skin underneath one hand. Jagged and uneven scar tissue under the other. He recalled the effort it took to get Katsuki to relax underneath his touch. Many fights. So many nights spent frustrated and annoyed. But in the end, they made it. It worked out. There they were.