13. Home

Incheon Airport, Seoul. 

Bin looked at his watch. 10:03 AM. He was at the lounge, waiting for his ride home. His plane arrived earlier than expected. He couldn't count how many times he's ridden the plane for the last two months. 

It's already mid-October and he was barely in Seoul. He was only able to visit his dad thrice, the first when he got back and twice in between trips. He's glad, he's awake now and in a better shape. Slowly, things were getting better, even in their businesses.  

With the limited spare time that he had, he remembered updating Hali...His secretary had reported how many times she's been trying to call him. Because of his busy schedule, one meeting after the other overseas, he just couldn't find the time to  even return Hali's calls and messages. The time difference added up to his ordeal. With the short time that he has right now, he tried to call her. No answer. He then sent her a text message.

"Hali, this is Bin. What's up?"

....

A minute later, Hali called.

"Bin!! Thank God you texted me. Where are you?"

"I'm at Incheon, just landed from London. How are you? Choi?"

He asked continuously.

"I've been trying to reach you since we came back to Seoul. Yejin's trying to contact you since you left."

Hearing her name, his heartbeat raced. 

"How is she?" 

No answer.

"Hali??" 

She remained silent. Until finally...

"Bin, she's pregnant, she needs you Bin."

He felt his world stopped. 

"Pregnant?" 

"Of course, with you Bin. Who else?"

It hit him. So that night bore fruit... a product of their love. 

"Really?" He was speechless...later on, he was crying.

"Yes! That's why we've been reaching out to you."

"I'm sorry Hali, I just got emotional, after what I've been through these past two months, hearing this news was like a breath of fresh air for me."

"We actually just learned last Sunday. She tried to hide it because she doesn't want you to know for the moment because of your situation, you know your father and all, she's concerned that it wold just add up to your burden.."

"What?!!" He didn't know if he will get annoyed at the thought or would take pity on her.

---

A few minutes later, Bin was at the airline counter, booking a flight to Houston. He tried to dial Yejin's number, but he couldn't reach her, it didn't even ring. It was almost midnight in Houston now. She's probably asleep by this time, he thought.

Luckily, the airline personnel told him that there was an available business class seat in the plane. He took it and waited for his tickets.

He actually planned to go back to Houston after he gauged his father's situation..but learning about Yejin's condition, he realized he couldn't waste another minute waiting for the time to go there and be with her...If he could only bring himself to her at once...

My love...I miss you...

He remembered the night they spent together and the morning after...And he came to understood what she went through...why she chose to end their relationship before...She didn't want him to be left hanging...like what he did to her now, when he just left after they spent the night together...Tears welled up in his eyes...