chapter two

A/N - Sorry the last chapter was so short but I just needed to everyone to get the idea of her father and her mum. Soo yeah! Vote and Comment and all that good stuff, love you guys! :)

-

I hear a knock on my door, my eyes shooting open. I roll out of bed, taking my duvet with me, wrapped around my body. My hand reaches for the cold doorknob, swinging it open. I see my mums small frame smiling at my sleep covered face. I furrow my eyebrows, trying to figure out what she wants.

"It's nearly noon. I thought you left for work until I saw your car out front." She smiles.

Shit.

My blanket drops as I unintentionally slam the door in her face. I'm late for work, again. Why is it I can't be good at anything but sleeping longer then I should? I frantically slip on my white work t-shirt and black skinny jeans with holes in the knees. I take my messy hair out of its ponytail, running my bush through it. Thankfully it's not frizzy, turning into loose waves. I grab my white high top converse and shoot out the door with my toothbrush in my mouth.

"Bye Bella!" I hear my mum yell from the door as I race to my car. I wave back, mumbling a goodbye causing toothpaste to slip onto my lip. I spit the toothpaste from my mouth into the grass before getting in my car, feeling slightly disgusted at the action. I check my phone before starting the car.

'11:54 am' I was suppose to be at work at eight. Whoops? I also see the many messages left behind from Destinee. My eyes skim over them, reading "Where are you!?" and "You're going to get fired one day."
I lock my phone, pulling onto the street and speeding to work. Hoping not to get pulled over, that'd be unfortunate. I hit the switch in my car, music beginning to blare. I tap my finger on the stirring wheel, along with the tune of the song. I look over to the screen, finding interest in the song. ' Buddy Holly ' by Weezer. Nice.

My tires hit the curb of the parking lot, causing my back to hit the seat quite hard.

"Dammit Bella learn to park." I speak to myself, gathering my things and hopping out the car. I rush into the back door of the small café, hoping to stay out of sight of my boss. As if on queue, my boss turns the corner. Eyes blazing in my direction as I freeze. His steps quickening towards me as I give him a 'Ha- oops?' smile.

"And you are late because?" He asks, anger evident. I step back, fake laughing.

"Y-you know just-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"I don't care. Get to work." Okay then.

I make my way around the kitchen, to the front where I see my three friends working. Destinee is at the register, Sabrina is preparing drinks, and Alexis is refilling the blenders with ice. I put on my apron, giving them all a greeting in which they return. My eyes wander the cafe, noticing how busy it was today.

"What took you so long?" Alexis asks as she nudges my side.

"Sleep." I shoot her a quick glance.

"How was yesterday? You know-" I cut her off, knowing what she's getting to. "It was fine." I am not meaning to come off rude but I'm really not in the mood to think about those things. I'm happy when they aren't flooding my mind and I'd like for it to stay that way. I quickly start taking orders, racing back and fourth behind the counter. This place is packed every single morning, and to be quite honest I don't see why. I think it's disgusting, but maybe that's just because I'm the one who throws out expired milk and stale pastries.

The line at the register slowly decreasing as early afternoon rolls by, along with my pace. It's not that I don't like this job, I mean it'll do, it's just a lot of running back and fourth and getting orders wrong. Not to mention my boss is a total dickhead. He is always bickering at one of the workers, acting as if we've committed a crime. I pray for the day someone else takes his job, or I just get a new job.

The cafe now empty, workers restocking on cups and snacks. I lean onto the counter behind me, picking at my nails. The sound of new pop music flooding the speakers in the small restaurant, and I can hear Destinee singing, well more like screaming, the lyrics in the kitchen. The bell on the glass door rings, someone walking in. I acknowledge the young man, walking to the register.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" I ask, blankly.

The man is somewhat tall, and has blonde hair. His blue eyes staring at me coldly. He doesn't say anything at first, just looking at me. I begin to shift my weight onto my right foot, tapping the counter.

"Is your name Arabella Lee Roberts, 19 years old?" He smirks. I feel my blood run cold, I step back and furrow my eyebrows.

"Y-Yeah, it is." I respond shortly.

"Thought so. You're a very beautiful girl, be careful. There's strange people around here." He nods once, stepping back and turning around completely. He strides across the cafe and walks out the glass door, opening the passenger door to a black van. I hear him exchange words with whoever it was in the van, shortly after getting in and speeding away.

That was weird. How did he know my name, let alone my age? I don't go to school, I don't go to any parties. The only people that know me are people who work with me, or my mother. Why did he only come to ask that, then share the information with a van full of people? Who are they? I freeze at the thoughts and come back to reality when Sabrina comes behind me, tapping my shoulder. I turn around, giving her a smile.

"You alright, you seem as if you've seen a ghost?" Maybe I did, no what am I saying?

"Yeah, fine." I try my best to sound as if nothing is bothering me.

"Alright well I was going to ask if you wanted to go grab lunch with us?" I look behind her to see Destinee and Alexis deep into a conversation. I wasn't really hungry, but I don't want to be the odd one out.

"Sure." I smile back, "let me just grab my bag from my car." And with that, I walk out to my car. I glance around the streets for a moment, looking for that one van. Nothing.

----

I walk through my front door, greeting my mom when I walk in. She gives me a half smile and continues her TV show. I walk up the stairs, going into my room and turning on my lights. I was about to strip from my work outfit, but something caught my eye.

I walked towards my window, seeing a man. He was facing my house, hands in his pockets and hair whipping around with the wind. He was not moving, just looking at me as I looked back. I was dazed by his stare, though I couldn't see his face. It was nearly 9pm, the only light coming from the posts down the sidewalk. I quickly snap out of my trance and step back, eyes wide and mouth agape. I gasp and rush to close my curtains. I stand there for a minute, contemplating whether to see if he was still there or not. I don't want to tell my mother or the cops, it would only worry them after the incident 5 years ago. My confidence gets the best of me, as I grab the curtain and throw it back.

He wasn't there. He left.