Truth or dare

Growing up, Cody always had huge crushes on girls.
His crushes would become his main focus- he would do anything to get the girl to like him back. Crushes came easily to him, for the most part. He saw a pretty girl, his heart would flutter, and he'd put on his "cool" act.

This was different.

Cody's teal eyes fluttered open, his vision blurry from sleep and his crying from earlier.
Oh right. He was crying.
Suddenly becoming aware of the situation, he blinked rapidly as an attempt to fix his eye sight as best as he could. He was about to rub his eyes when he realized that he couldn't move his arms easily- there was weight on them.
Suddenly, his senses woke and he felt the warmth of a body next to him.

Noah.

Cody's heart seemed to stop, but it also began beating way too quickly and he concluded that it was out of embarrassment.
They must have both fallen asleep after Cody's mini breakdown.

His head was against Noah's chest- his ear pressed against the surface. He could hear the soft beating of his friend's heart.
Cody felt his ears and cheeks get uncomfortably warm. He didn't like the way he was feeling, it confused him and he wondered if he was beginning to get a fever. Wanting to stop this emotion, he figured he first needed to get out of bed- but he didn't want Noah to know they accidentally cuddled. Again.

Attempting to wiggle out of Noah's arms, he found it unhelpful. Noah grunted in his sleep, his arms simply hugging the other boy tighter.
Cody whispered a small cuss, his face surely completely red by now.
Another small cuss was whispered when he heard Noah begin to mumble, "hm...mm- Cody...?"

Cody, out of panic, forced himself out of the boy's arms and fell from the bed. Noah seemed dazed still and sat up, giving Cody an odd look.
Cody stood up as quickly as he could and dusted himself, his eye sight going slightly purple from his sudden movement, "haha sorry- we Uh....kinda accidentally cuddled again...?"

Noah just snorted, looking unamused, "wow. I'm not even surprised."
Cody tried to keep a smile down but failed, his lips now turning into a sheepish smile.
He began getting that sick feeling again.
So he wouldn't dwell on it, he changed the topic once he saw the alarm on the nightstand, "woah, we slept for a pretty long time-! It's almost time for bed."

Noah glanced at the numbers on the alarm and it was in fact pretty late. He let out a small groan, "great, I'm not gonna be able to sleep. I feel well rested."
Cody nodded, remembering the warmth from Noah's body against his own, "same here."

Noah reached under his bed and pulled out a book, opening it up to a page with a book mark, "well, distract yourself, because I'm going to read."
Cody pouted, "aw, cmon, Noah! Let's do something fun!"
No response.
Cody huffed, crossing his arms, "I'm going to get bored doing something by myself."
No response.

"Pleeeease-??"

Noah shut his book and rolled his eyes, "fine. What do you have in mind?"

Cody now realized he had nothing in mind. Stammering, he tapped his finger on his chin and furrowed his eyebrows. What could they do...? Play video games? Nah, they already did that. Or maybe they can bake something? Probably a little too late, plus he wouldn't want to clean afterwards. Maybe some sort of game...? Like...truth or dare!
"Let's play truth or dare!"

Noah scoffed and laughed as if Cody was crazy, "seriously? Truth or dare?"
Cody shrugged and sat on the bed, now next to Noah. He smiled.
"Yeah! Why not?"

Noah gave him an eye roll, but nodded, "fine. Truth or dare?"
Cody grinned, "dare! Truths are for losers."
Noah laid back on his bed, hands resting behind his head, "I dare you to order us a pizza. I'm hungry and I don't want to get up to make myself anything."
Cody laughed and punched the other's shoulder in a friendly way, "wow, you're so lazy! Can't even call to order a pizza." He took out his phone and dialed the number. He ordered the meal and hung up, "your turn! Truth or dare?"

"Truth"

"Bleh, of course you would pick truth. Hm...oooh! Who was your first crush?"
Noah wrinkled his nose and grabbed the pillow from under his head, smacking Cody with it, causing him to laugh.
"Geez, what is this? A girls sleep over?"

Cody giggles, "what?? No! We are men. Cmon you have to answer!"

Noah smiled at Cody's eagerness and laughed, "I guess it was this kid from my elementary school. He was a smartass, nearly as smart as I was. And honestly I'm not sure if I had a crush on him or if I wanted to be him."

"Wait, a guy?"

Noah hit Cody with the pillow again, "yes, a guy. You have ears, I'm sure you heard right."

Cody got a weird feeling blossoming in his chest. Why did he feel slightly nervous today-?? Was it because of the fact that he cried in front of Noah? Maybe he was just still embarrassed?
"I didn't know you liked guys-! H-how did you know-?"

Noah shrugged, "I mean, I guess it's the same as liking a girl..? I wouldn't know."

Cody's eyebrows perked up, "you don't like girls!? But- but they're so pretty!"
With a scoff, Noah sat back up, "okay, but, guys are hot. And they can also look pretty."

Cody noticed the way Noah's eyelashes were long and thick, how his thin frame was still somehow muscular than his own.
He liked watching Noah's hands move, it was somehow entrancing. And he always liked Noah's sarcastic jokes, finding them witty and thinking it suit Noah's smart self.

Was this what Noah meant.

Cody bit down hard on the inside of his cheek, not knowing how to respond to Noah. What the hell was he thinking?
Cody never focused so much on a guy before.
Noah raised an eyebrow, noticing Cody's lack of response.
He was about to say something but was interrupted by a knock at the door.
Cody nearly jumped out of the bed, stumbling on his own feet as he got up and nearly ran towards the door, "I'll get it!"

Noah sat on the bed, a confused look on his face.