sweet kisses

"Noah!"
Cody came rushing into the bedroom, nearly appearing out of nowhere to Noah who sat at a desk placed in the corner of his room, typing away at a laptop.
Of course, Noah did not expect to be greeted in such a startling way, causing him to tense up and slam his laptop shut out of surprise, "ah! Cody! what happened??"
Standing up from his chair, Noah gave Cody an almost alarmed and concerned look. Last time the other boy came rushing to him in such a way, he had broken a flower vase during a "dance session"; something Noah was frankly not aware Cody even did. If you're guessing what it is, basically Cody jamming out with his earbuds in. The vase was no importance to Noah, neither was the plant growing in it. What alerted him was the gash of blood on Cody's arm.

Luckily, Noah saw no blood this time.
Cody, as if reading Noah's mind, smiled and let out a laugh. "Don't worry! I didn't break a vase this time. I just noticed there's a mall near?? How do I not know this? Lets go!!"
Noah relaxed, relieved Cody didn't hurt himself doing who knows what.
"ah, thank goodness. Good job at not breaking an arm!"
Cody stuck out his tongue playfully, "I am not that clumsy! I swear, I hurt myself a few times on accident and i'm now considered some sort of safety hazard!"
Noah chuckled at his boyfriend's silliness and did his signature eye roll, "so, what's with the mall fuzz?"
The blue eyed teen physically sparked up, a grin forming on his pale face. As always, Noah found his tooth gap downright adorable. It took him some willpower to keep himself from driving his boy straight to the mall, just to keep seeing that cute smile.
"I thought it'd be fun, 's all. Plus! I wanna go with you, and I brought with me nearly enough to buy you a handful of outfits."
Noah raised in eyebrow, a playful smile on his lips, "oh really? what are you, my sugar daddy?"
Cody lightly slapped his boyfriend's arm with a smile, "pft! don't be silly. now! Pleaseeeee, Noah, take meeeee!", his blue eyes widened in a pleading way. Cody grew to learn that Noah adored his eyes, and decided to take advantage of it during this situation. Noah caught his act, but curse himself for being such a softie for this dork, allowed it to happen.
With a sigh, Noah ruffled Cody's light brown hair.

"Fine."

That's all Cody had to hear to begin cheering, both hands now in the air, "yayy! Lemme get my wallet-"
Before Cody could dash out the door, Noah got a loose grip of his hand, "wait, so this money's your parents?"

"yeah-"

"alright cool let's use this shit up."

The drive to the mall consisted of Cody singing and jamming along with the mainstream pop songs that played on the radio, Noah stealing glances through the corner of his eyes at moments.
Fuck, this guy was too cute.

They made it to the huge building, parked the car, and walked into the entrance.

"So? What's your style, Hot Topic or Forever 21?", Noah teasingly asked Cody.
Cody simply grinned, "oh? I thought you would like Hot Topic?"

Noah furrowed his eyebrows and laughed, "what? you think i'm emo?"

Cody simply walked quicker, turning to face Noah so he was walking backwards now, "dunno, you probably had an emo-phase for all I know. I can totally see it!"
Noah blew a raspberry, staring straight at Cody with a hesitant grin.

"I did."
Cody halted.
"What, wait really??"

Noah shrugged, staring lamely at Cody with a simple smile. Who didn't go through some sort of emo phase? "thought it wasn't surprising?"
Cody halted, causing Noah to stop on his tracks as well with a confused expression.
Before he could ask, Cody pulled him into a shop.
That shop? Fucking Hot Topic.

"wha-"
"what did emo Noah where??"

Cody looked around, trying to guess what kind of sad-poetic grunge-y shit younger Noah would've worn. Noah felt a heat rush into his face, not expecting Cody to actually make them inspect the store for such things.

"Cody-"
"Would you have worn this? I think its pretty Noah-like!"
Cody raised up what looked to be an Edgar Allan Poe shirt. Except the author was on some fucking police bike, with the words "Edgar Allan po-po" at the bottom.

"That's...Cody, i'm frankly afraid."

Cody laughed at the reaction and folded the shirt, leaving it in its original location. Deciding to have a more in depth look around, Cody inspected the jewelry section. Noah roamed elsewhere, viewing the t-shirts and shit ton of ripped skinny jeans. Jesus.
How the fuck did he ever wear this.

Digging back into his childhood memories,
he recalls his usual wardrobe and my gosh, who allowed him. He involuntary recoiled to the image of 13 year old him wearing his black writing-covered converse. He thought it was the shit to have his poems written all over those shoes.
Other than that, he guessed it wasn't too bad. Beanies were alright, and he couldn't go wrong with some edgy band-t's, though he dreaded the frankly dumb, sarcastic shirts he'd constantly wear.
Thankfully they were usually covered with some hoodie, yay for being self conscious.

Stepping back from his thoughts, he glanced around in an attempt to find Cody.
He did find him, luckily, digging around in a basket filled with numerous pins.
Noah made his way across, avoiding any workers.
they sure did talk a lot.

"hey, codemeister," he smiled when Cody met his eyes, not looking anymore at the pins that his hands were buried in.
Cody smiled back and held up his hand, "look!"
Noah raised an eyebrow out of curiosity and leaned in closer, now looking at the pin Cody was holding up.

"...'ur gay?'"

Cody scrunched up his eyebrows.
Taking a glance at what he was holding, he giggled nervously and put it back, "wrong one."

After buying multiple pins, Cody finally decided to leave the gothic shop. Noah walked beside him, watching as Cody happily looked at the little, colorful pins.
"Why do you want those, anyway?"
Cody's smile widened and he closed his eyes, "I'm gonna make a pin collection."
Noah gave Cody an odd look, one of "really?" and an amused smile, finding Cody's idea oddly cute.
This fucking geek.
"Is that a hobby of yours? what other things do you collect?"

Humming in thought, Cody mentally listed a few things before making eye contact with Noah, "mostly stuff like collectable card games, comics, video games, gadgets, ya know. stuff like that."
Noah mentally pictured Cody's collection, "so geeky stuff?"

Cody let out a sharp laugh and gave Noah a somewhat smug smile, "you can say that, but I think its cool."
Noah rolled his eyes, but it was filled with playfulness and adoration. He couldn't believe how geeky Cody could be at times, and of course, Noah had no complaints.
"Well, I think its adorable."

A small flutter spread in Cody's chest hearing Noah, not expecting Noah to show much interest in such thing. With a cheery smile and pink tinted cheeks, Cody reached over for the tanner boy's hand, "well, I think you're adorable."

Now it was Noah's time to get butterflies.
"i'm glad you think so, cutie. Want some frozen yogurt? I could go for some."
Cody, as expected, nodded.
"Duh!"

Cody walked out the yogurt shop with a big cup full of chocolate and strawberry flavored frozen yogurt, covered with various toppings such as brownie bits and caramel. Noah, on the other hand, carried a smaller cup filled with berry flavored yogurt, also topped with various goodies.
They sat at a booth at the corner of the mall where a bunch of tables were located.

Nearly devouring the dessert, Cody happily ate away. "I fucking love sugar," he laughed as he munched on a chocolate wafer stick.
Noah raised his eyebrows, "I don't believe it," he replied sarcastically.
Cody hummed in delight, taking another scoop with the little plastic spoon and reaching across- hovering it in front of Noah.
"oh? what's this?", Noah teasingly asked, a playful smile sneaking in.
Cody smiled and furrowed his eyebrows, "whaaat? Cant i be romantic?"
Noah rolled his eyes and leaned in, taking a bite of the sweet substance from the spoon, "you're too much."
While he did so, he noticed just how messy Cody has been eating- his lips were covered with the sugary cream.
"pft, you know you want me."

Noah leaned in without warning, planting a soft kiss on Cody's lips.
Caught somewhat off guard, Cody flushed a light pink. It was a quick, yet extremely soft kiss.
Sitting back, Noah departed from his lips and licked his own.
"you're a messy eater."

[word count; 1,487
after MONTHS i have finally updated 😎 mmm fluff. what would y'all like to see???? ]