063

063

--

A short narration on Joe's Point of view :)

--

WHEN YOU'RE busy, time just ran so fast. All the years of training and grinding was all worth it. It was true, when you pray, nothing is impossible.

With the support of his family and friends and his faith to God, Jose Norberto Gomez de Liaño is now a step closer to his dreams. Playing for the UAAP is a great accomplishment for him and his family can never be prouder.

Also, Joe was overwhelmed by the support of his fans. Many people have supported him even if he's not yet playing for the UAAP. He was thankful for that. He is contended by all the support he received.

He let out a heavy sigh before going out of his room. It's been months since the whole UP basketball team went to Sydney for a training camp. And tomorrow, his debut on the UAAP is happening. He is nervous but he knows that there are people behind his back who are supporting him.

“We'll wear the maroon uniform tomorrow for our first game. Two PM, okay? Don't be late.” Jun Manzo, his team mate, said while drinking his juice. The whole team is in their house to have a simple party before the season begins.

“Oh, Joe, ‘wag daw ma l-late ah.” Pang-aasar sakaniya ng isa pa niyang team mate na si Ricci. He just laughed it out.

The crazy Ricci Rivero is one of his closest team mate. Even though he was from La Salle and just transferred to UP, they are close.

“Hindi ‘yan ma l-late. Ando'n ata ‘yong cheerleader n'yan eh!” pang gagatong pa ni Diego. Hinayaan niya lang na asarin siya ng mga team mates niya.

He just smirked and did not comment. He was nervous for his first game but somehow, as he thought of Heaven cheering for him, he calmed down.

That girl, she doesn't even know that she has this effect on him. Umiling si Joe at kapagkuwan ay ngumiti. He's excited to see Heaven wearing a maroon shirt.

She's a cheerleader from FEU but the Tamaraw's game is in the morning so she can watch his game.

Kahit pa marami nang nang-aasar sakanila, Joe didn't mind. Heaven is a good friend of his. Or that's how he thought. Heaven is four years younger and thinking about “un-earthly" things won't do him any good.

Heaven is still enjoying her youth and discovering new things. He doesn't want to take it away from her. He just want to be friends with Heaven and stay as that as long as they could.

He knew he'll be so fucked up when he met Heaven. She's a nice girl with a strong faith to God. No one can ever dislike her. Not even him. She's just… too nice. And too beautiful. Damn.

Heaven's energy just let his world go crazy. He knew that from the first time he saw her. But she's his brother's best friend and she's too young… just eighteen.

All he can do is to watch Heaven grow. Grow as a person, grow as a woman, and grow closer to God. All he can do is just to be by her side while she grow. He can never do more than that. But he's contended.

Just to know that Heaven is still there, supporting him, he'll be sane. As long as Heaven is smiling for him, Joe will not lose hope.

Maybe, the heavens sent Heaven to him. Not to be just a lesson but to be a blessing too. She’s both a blessing and a lesson. She's a heaven sent.