"Hi my bff doctor! How are you? You look pale, are you okay?" Hali greeted her in an excited note.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm good. How about the two of you?" She tried to smile and be more lively, even though she feel so tired, as the effects of her pregnancy was starting to kick in.

"We're good. We just had our check-up this week, and baby's doing good!" Hali said while touching her tummy.

"Do you experience morning sickness?" 

"Yes, but now I'm good. Well, it's not that bad as I expected it to be. I can eat anything right now."

"That's nice. You're 6 weeks pregnant, right Hali?"  

"Yeah, my baby's due in mid May next year!" Hali exclaimed.

Her answer brought a smile on her face. They'll give birth at the same month then...their children could really become bffs, just like them and just like what they had dreamt of. 

"Why?" Hali asked her, seeing the smile on her face.

"Oh, nothing..." She said, focusing on their conversation.

"Yej, you know that Bin's still out of the country, right?" 

"Yes, you told me last time."

"Well, guess what, Ha-na's also returned to Seoul. Isn't she your patient?" Hali asked curiously.

"Oh yeah, I haven't heard from her though."  That could be the reason why she hasn't scheduled an appointment yet, she thought.

"I bumped into her at the hospital last time. She told me that Bin's father is doing better, he already woke up..but the news about their company is not good, Yej. They're losing many investors. Apparently, one of Bin's uncles had done some illegal transactions and is now being sanctioned. Their foreign investors were also trying to back out, that's why Bin was on a lot of international business trips these past weeks. And that's why we cannot get hold of him."

"Yeah, I understand Hali..I'll just wait for him, for sure, he had his reasons.."

"I'm rooting for the two of you, Yej...just hang on, okay?"

With that, she smiled. With her best friend and her baby with her, she's got enough courage to wait for him. As they continue talking, Yejin felt her surrounding turn around. She leaned on the table to prevent Hali from noticing, until she felt her stomach churned. Hurriedly, she left Hali and went to her restroom and threw out. She stayed for about ten minutes before finally being able to get hold of herself and returned to face Hali in her laptop.

"What happened Yej?" Hali asked her, concerned why she suddenly ran to the restroom.

"I don't know, I might have eaten something." She lied, she knew her morning sickness was beginning to manifest.

"Okay, you want to go rest?" 

"Could I? I'll see you next week then?"

"Yeah sure, see you!"

With that, they ended their call.

Yejin then went out to her kitchen and prepared some chicken soup to relieve herself. However, as soon as she smelled the soup, her stomach churned again, making her throw up to the restroom just in time. 

Uh-oh. It's not gonna be easy. It's one thing to know it and another thing to experience it. If there's one thing this pregnancy will bring her, it will be her understanding her patients more. Now she has to apply what she knew to herself.