12

Rin was speeding out of her dorm room as soon as her alarm sounded from her nightstand the following day. She hadn't gone back to sleep after Togata's visit, and continued to replay the hurt look on Deku's face as she sprinted down the stairs whilst tying up the top layer of her hair.

She slammed her body into the heavy door once reaching the first floor, and stumbled into the corridor that led to the front door of the building; and in doing so, nearly took Todoroki down with her as she ran smack dab into his side.

"Oh, sorry," he said calmly as he stumbled to catch himself. He looked down at her when her head swung up in surprise. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she replied quickly. "Do you know where Izuku is?"

"Umm..." he took a second to think. "He left already. Said something about needing to review for his work study."

"Review?" Rin's head tilted to the side.

Todoroki shrugged in response. "He was vague. If you leave now, you might be able to catch up to him."

"Alright," Rin offered him a quick smile before passing. "Thank you!"

Todoroki lifted a hand in farewell as she bolted out the doors, and her eyes scanned the courtyard of the dorms to see if Deku was still on the premises. He wasn't.

Rin clicked her tongue as she stopped running, and turned in a complete circle, hoping to see him huddled under a tree somewhere. She knew he was more than likely conferencing with All Might about the details of their ordeal, and the last thing she wanted was to interrupt that; especially with the former Number One Hero in the room.

She looked down defeatedly just as a hand came down on her shoulder, and she whipped around to see Mina looking at her crookedly.

"Why'd you take off like that?" Her friend asked, and let her hand slide off of Rin as the shorter girl turned to face her.

"I was looking for Izuku," Rin replied, breathless. "He..."

"Hey, calm down," Mina took Rin by her wrists as she lifted her hands to pull at her bangs. "You're gonna start hyperventilating."

"He walked in on Mirio and me last night," Rin replied despite Mina's urge to save her breath. Mina's eyes widened. "Right after... he said he had feelings for me. Izuku heard all of it and ran away before I could catch him, and he's done it again to avoid me."

"Oh god," Mina clasped a hand over her mouth. "What were you two doing?"

"I was sitting on the bed, and Mirio was hugging me," Rin explained briefly. "And that's when Izuku walked in. You told Mirio which window was mine?"

"Aw, yikes, he told you?" Mina shuffled awkwardly on her feet. "If I knew this would have happened, I wouldn't have even dreamed of it! I swear!"

"I-I know you meant no harm," Rin clarified. "But I have to sort everything out with Izuku... before... well, you know."

"Totally!" Mina nodded in agreement and hooked their elbows together. "C'mon, maybe we can catch him by surprise before school starts."

Rin did little to object as they hurriedly made their way toward U.A.'s school building. The halls were cramped as they wormed their way through everyone, and Rin's anxiety only grew the closer they got to the 1-A classroom.