xi. 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴-𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

ELEVEN | CHAOS-MAKING

or in which ramonaneeds a distraction and the weasley twins specialize in those

or in which ramona
needs a distraction and the
weasley twins specialize in
those.

or in which ramonaneeds a distraction and the weasley twins specialize in those

          AS THE YULE Ball and midterms drew increasingly closer, Ramona's stress manifested in a way that was actually quite pleasing to the student body. She spent nearly every free minute she wasn't studying, baking— resulting in an influx of desserts and baked goods at meal time.

More often than not, she'd drag Zoey or Hugo into the secret kitchens with her, to quiz her on potions or charms as she furiously whisked some mixture or another. A few times she even taught them some baking concepts in return— her most favorite example being showing Hugo how to separate an egg yolk from the albumen (a process that included cracking the egg into your hand, and moving it from hand to hand until the albumen slipped through your fingers.)

On the Tuesday afternoon before the Yule Ball— Ramona could be found in a similar situation. Despite having desperately tried to convince Ramona to stop studying for even a day, Hugo obliged to sitting on the counter opposite the girl spewing potions ingredients, whilst she made batter for Calum's favorite muffins. It was this scene that Fred and George Weasley barged into, clad in differing quidditch jumpers and matching jeans.

                 "Put down the whisk, mate, you're done for the day." George said loudly, not noticing the German boy on the counter across the room at first glance. Though Hugo then made himself known with a light cough. His eyebrows inched up as both ginger-topped heads turned simultaneously to peer at him. The Weasley twins were down right intimidating when they wanted to be, and with Hugo, they did.

                 "Er— Hugo, you know the twin's I'm sure. Fred, George, this is Hugo Wagner." Ramona managed, easing her hold on the whisk and setting the bowl on the counter. She wiped her hands across her apron awkwardly as a beat of silence played.