A refuge up North

"Names?" A security officer at the ticket office of Couriway train station asked to a certain group of familiar faces.

"Citron Lumière, Henriette Lumière, Satoshi Tajiri, Claire Courtney, Yvonne Gabena" the blonde boy said. His hair had been flattened to hide his easily recognisable bolt-shaped tuff, and he had traded his circular glasses for square ones.

"He doesn't look like he's from around here." The officer pointed towards the raven-haired one, who looked a bit out of place between all the Kalosian blondes. He had actually brushed his hair for the occasion since people usually know him for his messy style, and had put Pikachu on Clemont's shoulder to avoid suspicion.

"Oh yeah, I'm actually from Johto." He replied, scratching his nose in mild discomfort. He couldn't say he was from Kanto since that would immediately put him under strict surveillance, but he figured that a man from rural Kalos would be able to tell the already miniscule difference.

"Hmm, ok..." He squinted his eyes in slight suspicion, but ultimately brushed off. "So to Anistar, yes?" Clemont nodded.

The original plan was to take the train from Couriway out of the country, but unfortunately in the time they had been travelling across Kalos, the borders had all been closed, and the security was too tight to be able to simply sneak through. So now the plan was to go south to Anistar where Olympia would be able to use her position as a senior gym leader to get them on a plane. Thankfully, the people in Couriway were tolerant enough to not ask too many questions, saving them 2 weeks of extra walking.

As the rest of the gang found their seats on the train, Clemont headed into the toilets to securely dial the Anistar gym.

The call was picked up after a few rings. "Anistar gym, how may I help you?" One of the assistants answered.

"Hello, could I speak with Olympia?" Clemont asked.

"She's in a meeting at the moment, is this to reserve a gym match?"

"Uh, yeah." Clemont lied.

"Sure thing. Can I have a name?"

"Clemont."

Meanwhile Ash and Serena were sitting in one of the corners of the carriage. Murmurs could be heard around them as some people questioned their identity.

"This is nerve-wracking." Serena admitted quietly to Ash.

"I didn't think people would recognise us this easily." He replied.

"Would've thought things would have died down by now. It's been 5 months since the Kalos League."

"I guess there are some people who are a bit more passionate..."

"Some? Half the train are looking at us!" Serena whisper-shouted.

"Calm down, let's just try and not draw more attention to ourselves." This effort may have been in vain, for there was no more undrawn attention left.

The discomfort gradually lessened as people around the carriage got bored and went back to their business. Eventually the train arrived at Anistar and the gang prayed to Arceus, Giratina, and any other relevant gods that there wasn't an armed task force waiting outside to arrest them for daring to show their faces.

Fortunately, nothing of such was present, and the group were able to get to the gym without any hiccups along the way.

Ash opened the door to the gym at the exact time Clemont had previously said they'd arrive. Of course, he had also said it he'd be having a gym match, which was a complete lie.

Olympia was right there in the lobby waiting for them. "So it's as the prophecies say, that after half a year passes, the hero returns to start a new journey."