Chapter 46 - Slayer

Start from the beginning

"Oh it's fine luv. Angela and Winston have identified the thing which Talon injected into me and are working on a cure. It's not too different to the one they injected into you so it shouldn't take too long."

"Ok that's good. Once you've been cured and if it's not too late, could you come up here in all your combat gear, I need to show you something."

"Sure luv." She said with a giggle. "Are we gonna do some more training?" She said as she did speech marks with her fingers around the word 'Training.'

"Well, it's a bit more serious."

"Ooh, I'm already excited."

"Anyway, you look cute asleep so go get some rest."

"Rest? It's only half 12."

"Well, I'm currently over India so it's a little later."

Lena giggled before blowing a kiss to me. "See ya soon luv."

"Goodbye Lena." I said as I smiled at her.

She hung up. I put my phone down and sighed. Yes, the fact that video calls exist and I can still see her cute little face is amazing, but I would still much rather be there in person.

"Vega, wake me up if I get any urgent notifications, or anything from or about Lena."

"Ok."

"Thanks."

I closed my eyes and started going to sleep since I'd been awake since about midnight with Lena.

I woke up to hear my phone ringing. It was Lena again. I picked up my phone and answered.

"Morning luv, how are you this morning?"

"Morning Lena. I'm fine this morning. How about you love?"

"Oh luv I'm fine, I mean, as fine as I can be without you."

"Ha. So, what's been happening in the past, 22 hours since I've been asleep?"

"22 hours? Did I tire you out that much?"

"Na, I just couldn't be arsed to do anything else."

"Oh, hahaha. Well, I'm cured!"

"Wow, already? That's brilliant."

"I know, I'm ready to do that 'training' you were talking about."

"Ok then. Tell your Vega to open a portal to my room."

"Right away luv."

Just as she said that, she hung up. A blue portal started opening behind me. I turned around to face it as Lena walked through.

"Hiya luv." She said as she blinked over to me and kissed me.

"Hello Lena." I replied.

"So, what's this 'training' you wanted to talk about luv?"

"Well, when I said it's a bit more serious, I mean, probably the most important decision you'll ever make. If you want to, take a seat."

Lena looked a little concerned and took a seat. "What is it luv?"

"Remember when I gave you the tour of my base?"

"Yup."

"Well, remember when I said the only thing which doesn't fear me is time and that I'd have to see you die and live forever without you?"

"Uh, yes luv?"

I looked down and took a deep breath.

"It doesn't have to be without you."