The Bathroom

Yuliy had arrived at The Drunk Chicken and immediately felt uncomfortable. He saw guys in button up shirt sleeve shirts that we're almost all the way open or open, and girls in tight and small dresses. He looked down at his clothes and sighed, knowing he wasn't ever going to be able to wear those type of things.

     Me in a short sleeve shirt, outside of my house...yeah right. I could probably pull off a long sleeve dress though. Ha...yeah. I'll guess I'll go inside now.

        Before he even walked inside he heard the loud thumping music, he saw the lights barely showing through the opening and closing doors. He walked in and everything became 10x's louder and brighter. He squinted and walked over to the bar.

     "Hi, I'm Phillip. What can I get for you today?" A young man with blonde hair and blue eyes was behind the bar, smiling.

        "Hey, I'm Yuliy. Can I just have the strongest drink you have?. That's all I want...the strongest drink." Yuliy's tired eyes met Phillinps vibrant ones. Yuliy gave a small smile and put his head in his hands

     "Here you go Yuliy. Don't blame me if you can't handle it though." Phillip chuckled and started cleaning the cups that were done being used. Yuliy nodded then downed the shot, stone faced.

        Fuck. My arm is stinging. I guess I should change the bandage now. To the bathroom I go then.

     Yuliy smiled at Philip and started to walk over to the bathrooms, as he was walking over there some people pushed his over and started to get trampled. He felt his cut started to bleed more, it felt the way it did earlier when he first made it. He got up and walked faster to the bathroom.

     He got inside and made sure no one was in there. He looked at his sleeve which had some blood on it, pulled up his sleeve ad looked at the bandage. It had bled through his bandage. He took it off and three it away, he started to wash off his arm when he heard the door creak. He grabbed everything and ran into a stall. He hit his arm on the side and hissed in pain.

        Okay. Okay. Just breathe. No one is going to notice that you're bleeding. You're okay. Calm down.

        The sink started to run, then after about twenty seconds it stopped and the hand dryer started. After it stopped and the door opened and closed again Yuliy slowly walked out and started to wash his arm again.

     Phillip peaked around the corner and saw Yuliy, his arm covered in scars and cuts. His eyes widened and he let out a small gasp. Yuliy looked over and saw no one so he thought it was his imagination. He continued to wash his arm when he felt a hand on his shoulder and tensed up.

        "Here, let me help you with that. I have a clean rag from the bar, hold it on your arm and we'll get you home." Phillip was speaking through tears and clenched teeth. "You're in no condition to drive right now, so I'll drive you home and if you want I can help with the cut too."

     "No. I don't want you to drive me home, I don't want your help, and I certainly don't want or need your pity. I'm fine to drive, so I'll drive back home myself." Yuliy was glaring at Phillips, and speaking in a cold voice. Phillip sighed and mumbled

     "I don't care if you say you're fine. I know you're not, you already drank anyways and I won't let you drive, even if you only had one shot. So here's the deal. Either I can call you a cab or I can drive you back to your place. Choose. " Phillip sounded angry enough to slap Yuliy. Yuliy started to slightly shake and his breathing unevened. Phillip noticed the slight change and apologized to him.

     "It's okay. I...just don't like that tone or voice you had for a minute there. But I guess I'll let you take me home. I hate cabs." Yuliy faintly smiled and walked past Phillip to his car.

         "Yuliy. Please don't try to drive without me." Phillip said to himself since Yuliy had already left the room.

        Phillip walked outside to find Yuliy, his sleeve rolled down, and leaning against the car. "Hey. Took you long enough to get here. What did you fall in?" Yuliy laughed even though you could tell he was in a lot of pain. He got in the passenger seat and held his arm close to his chest and winced.

     Phillip got in the car and asked Yuliy his address. "Oh it's 9350 Darien Avenue. It's about 10 or twenty minutes from here." Yuliy laid his head back and his eyes fluttered closed for the drive back.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

     This part was longer than I expected it to be but it came out pretty good. Thank you for reading this ❤️