Chapter Seven (1/2)

"Okay class, I am going to take attendance now so you all need to settle down and listen for your names," The science teacher announced.

Clyde had never really enjoyed school. He was hating it more so today, though. He had stayed up until about four in the morning the night before, woken up around seven-thirty that morning, missed the bus again, and had to get yet another ride from his father, and he overall felt like shit.

So now he was sitting through his least favourite class on three and a half hours of sleep, dealing with being exhausted and in pain from lack of food. Things could be worse, though, He thought to himself. I could be crying.

"Kyle Broflovski?" The teacher continued with attendance.

"Here," Kyle answered.

"Clyde Donovan?"

"Here," Clyde responded. He noticed Token shifting in the seat next to his, then felt him tap Clyde on the shoulder.

"Clyde, what's wrong?" He whispered loudly, drawing some attention.

Clyde stared at him in confusion for a second, then brought a hand to his cheek. Oh my God, I am crying, He realized and gulped. "Nothing," He whispered back. "I'm fine, mom. I mean-" He covered his mouth with his hand and blushed. He heard soft laughter coming from the people around them. This situation could not get any worse.

Token gave him an awkward smile paired with a small thumbs-up. Clyde face-palmed and looked down at his desk. If that wasn't embarrassing, he didn't know what was. He supposed it couldn't get much worse than this, so he decided his best bet would be to leave the classroom.

He raised his hand and mumbled, "Can I go to the bathroom?" When he got a nod in return, he made his way out the door. Once outside the classroom, he let out a heavy sigh. He leaned against the wall next to the door and closed his eyes for a moment. Something about the quiet halls was soothing.

He opened his eyes once again after a minute or so. There was a person walking by at that moment, giving Clyde the strangest look. Clyde realized then how odd this must look and decided to walk down to the restroom as he said he would.

When he arrived outside the men's room, he went inside and propped himself up on the countertop. He sat facing away from the mirror, his reflection was not something he wanted to see at the moment. He sighed and closed his eyes yet again, leaning against the wall.

Suddenly, he heard a stall door open up. He opened his eyes to see Kenny McCormick giving him a weird look as he exited a stall.

"Hi, Clyde," Kenny said as he rinsed his hands, without using any soap (nasty bitch). He dried his hands on his jacket and gave Clyde a little wave. "Bye, Clyde," He said again and walked out the bathroom door.

Clyde simply stared at the door until it fully closed. He thought about what this situation must've been like to Kenny and laughed lightly. "I probably looked like such a dumbass," He muttered to himself. He looked down at his wrist and pulled his jacket's sleeve back to check his watch. He had been out of class for about six minutes now, which he decided was long enough. He hopped off the counter, losing his balance a bit while landing on the floor. He opened the door back up and walked back down to his science classroom.

The room was silent upon entering, which made him more noticeable. Token smiled as Clyde took his seat and signaled to a blank piece of notebook paper he had placed on Clyde's desk. "We're taking notes," He whispered.

Clyde nodded and reached into his backpack, fishing out a pencil from one of the front pockets. He looked up at what was being projected onto the wall in front of him, then back down at his paper, and sighed. Today was going to be a long day.