11. Morning

Depuis le début

"Hello my best friend! I'm sorry about yesterday...I needed to leave right away. What's up?"

"Well, Bin asked me to call you...he left for Seoul straight from here..."

"Omo...what happened?" Shocked with what she heard, her heart raced.

"His dad, Yej, he's in coma...and Bin's mom asked him to go home...he said everything were in chaos, their business, a family rift between his dad and his dad's siblings, and his dad's health...he was needed to fix things and of course, to support his mom..."

She felt a lump in her throat...her heart sank low...and she got worried for Bin..."Was he okay Hali?"

"He's very worried Yej, but he told me to call you and explain everything to you, and he hoped you'll understand..Is everything okay with you two? Did something happen? Are you back together?" Hali asked without a pause.

Well...Yejin was shocked by the turn of events. Though she longed for them to be together again, she was more concerned of the challenges that Bin now face, reminiscent of what she's been through in the past. Of all people, of course, she understood. But the thing is, they have not talked about "them." They just understood the status of their relationship based on their actions - or rather, by how they expressed their love for each other last night. But still, they need to talk and clear things out.

"Yeah, everything's fine, Hali. And no, we're not yet together. I hope he's okay."

"Not yet?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"Anyway, I'll try to contact him when we get back to Seoul. But would you be okay?"

"Of course, Hali. I'm just concerned about him."

"Okay, Yej, just send me a message okay? I'll get back to you as soon as I get hold of him. It seems like you two need to patch up a lot of things, huh?"

"Yes Hali, but of course, his father's health, their business and family should be prioritized first. I should understand right?"

"Yes, yes, of course. By the way, we're checking out now, we're going with Choi's uncles for a road trip up north. Call me if you need me, okay?"

"Sure, Hali, enjoy your trip, and don't worry about me, okay?"

With that, they bid goodbye. She continued to eat her breakfast, and still feeling tired, she just showered and then went back to bed.

Bin...I hope you're doing okay...

She didn't even have his current personal email address. What they had was the company's email address. Opening her mailbox, she tried to search his previous emails and tried to compose messages to them.

Hi Bin. I learned from Hali what happened to your father, your family and business. I hope you are doing fine. Here's my number in case you need to contact me. 281-273-2854. Take care. Yejin.

Though she wanted so much to express what she felt, she deemed it unnecessary at this time, with all the things he's facing. She doesn't want to add to the things he needed to attend to. Again, she knew. She's been there. And of all people, she should be the first to understand him. With that, she smiled.

I'll wait for you, my love, my Bin.

Feeling peaceful, she fell asleep again.

-----

Yejin returned to her normal routine in the weeks that follow after that day. She'd have her clinic daily and alternately in the hospital and the women's center. Her work kept her busy, plus her duties in the Korean Community. From time to time, she'd follow up on Bin through her emails, even SNS. Hali and Choi have returned to Korea, and though they have tried to contact Bin in his office and apartment, they still wasn't able to talk to him. They learned that he's been juggling his time traveling overseas for the company while attending to the needs of his dad. Their family issue was even rumored in the elite circle in Seoul, making things worse for him and his family. They understood why they've been keeping silent even to their close friends.