one

Alexa
-
"Don't worry, she'll arrive safely in Minnesota with me by her side the whole time." Todd assured my trembling/sobbing mother holding my 4 year old little brother, Joey, and psychopathic/heartless step father who were standing outside the taxi meant to take me and Todd to the airport where we would catch a flight to go to Minnesota.
I could barely even look at my parents. My step father was the one who arranged the whole wedding anyway and if I looked at my loving mother, I would break down terribly. My mum was fully against the whole thought of a forced marriage, but neither of us could fight back. Ever since Johnny, the step father, came into our lives, it's either his way or... don't even bother.

"Say your goodbyes, we need to hurry." Todd urged and nodded towards my mum.

"I love you." I whispered to my mother as she embraced me into a tight hug with Joey included.

"I love you to the moon and back." she whispered back.

"Bye bye Lexi. Can you bring me back some toys?" Joey's eyes lit up with excitement while I considered the thought.

"Maybe if you come visit me Jo Jo, I don't think I'll be coming back here for a long, long time." I sighed.

"But why not? That's no fair!" He whined with puppy eyes.

"Jo Jo, I love you."
"I love you more!"
"Tell Mia I love her."
"She loves you very much!"
And with that I burst into an embarrassing sob.

"Time to go now, no more time to waste babbling on with this nonsense." Todd chuckled and pushed me into the back seat of the taxi.
I put my head against the glass and watched as the world went past me, with my only family fading away into the distance. I was getting married to Johnny's friend's son because he was looking for a wife and his parents said they'll pay $750, 000 to Johnny if I'll be his wife and seeing as we are going through a financial crisis, (and the fact that he hates me!) he agreed without hesitation.

I tried to think positive thoughts about what my new family and home might be like. Maybe they'll be nice to me and have a cosy home by a lake. Maybe they are loud and cheerful with a normal home in the suburbs. From knowing Todd for this hour, so far they've got a bad review from me. If only those positive thoughts were confirmed true, would the empty pit in my stomach go away or the fear and dread washed over me would clear.
"Cheer up princess, your Prince Charming is waiting for you. We're at the airport, let's go pronto!"