24 - I Should Have Forgiven You

Začít od začátku

What am I going to say other than what I already had? That I knew we were better together?

The bathroom door swung open to reveal Eli, and the shocked look on his face showed how little he knew about Brodie's stupid plan.

I couldn't help but roam my eyes over his gorgeous body. He was still damp from the shower, and he had a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. I stopped at his face, staring into those bright blue eyes.

He almost growled. "Brodie?"

I nodded.

"He locked the door, didn't he?"

I nodded again, feeling nervous, trying to rack my brain for anything to say instead of the word vomit that came out.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't want me here, and you hate me, but I'm really sorry, Eli. I wasn't thinking, you were just so drunk, and I was a little drunk too. There are so many other things I should have done. I just didn't think." He cut me off before I could ramble further about things that we both already knew.

"I don't hate you, Betty, don't be ridiculous." He said, shaking his head.

My breath caught in my throat. "Oh"

He grabbed a pair of sweatpants, and I turned away to give him any privacy I could while being locked in his room. The first few tears fell down my face. Damn it; I knew this would end in me crying. I tried to stop myself before Eli could see what was happening.

My eyes were still closed when I felt him grab my chin.

I opened my eyes, blinking away tears. Eli was still shirtless, but he was wearing pants now. I wanted to look anywhere but his face, but it was hard when the other place to stare made me feel just as upset for losing him.

"Don't cry; I'm supposed to be mad at you." He said grumpily.

I sniffled, "sorry." I didn't know what else to say.

He groaned. "No, don't apologize. Goddammit, you make it hard to be mad at you."

"Then stop being mad at me," I begged. "I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say. I have never fought with a friend like this." It was true, I had never given someone a reason to be this mad at me, and I quickly forgave all my friends.

Eli groaned, "Of course you haven't. I am ridiculous for being mad at you, but you're just apologizing. Tell me how you're really feeling."

"I'm just sorry, Eli."

"You're not mad at me?"

What if I didn't even know? I missed him a ridiculous amount for only knowing him a short while, but maybe I was also mad he threw away our friendship so quickly, no matter how brief. Still, I shook my head. I was willing to throw that all away if he would just forgive me.

"Maybe you should be?"

My nose scrunched, "do you want me to be mad at you?"

Eli sighed. "I don't know, but I don't want you just to apologize! Maybe I need to elicit another response from you." He paused. "I know you get jealous easily..."

My breath caught, was he going to do something with someone in front of me? I knew I might have to deal with that at some point, but I don't know if I would be able to handle that right away. I almost growled, what does this boy want from me.

My breath caught, "that is manipulative, Eli."

He growled, "then tell me how you REALLY feel, Betty! Don't let me walk all over you."