A very different day

Rose POV👠

I woke up from a dreamless sleep. It was a miracle I was able to drift off. Events from yesterday came back flooding. It was foolish to think he actually liked me. But no matter what, I would try to act normal.

I noticed Travis wasn't there, so I walked to the portal alone. It was strange, but he probably went early to see Lingling. At least someone loved him. Today I didn't care if I said the wrong words, and I walked through. As always, I fell, hoping that the dragon was there, but just my luck, he wasn't. I looked down, ready to create a pumpkin parachute, when I saw someone below, and for the first time, I regretted not remembering the magic words.

Hawk caught me bridal style, but he barely acknowledged me. He quickly placed me down, and ran off to Laura. Strange... I said. I walked over to my team. They were bent over books, studying. "Hey guys" I said. Astoria's hair waved hi, but that was it. Even Travis was there, talking to Lingling. There was a shrill ringing, and everyone ran to the school, trying not to get late. Weird, I though, as I was left standing there. Sighing, I broke into a run and tried to catch up with them.

Astoria POV📖📚

Ok I didn't see it coming when Hawk kissed Laura infront of us. They looked cute together I guess. I always thought it would be Rose. Speaking of Rose, she was late AGAIN. When will she ever learn? By our 5th class, I finally snapped.

"Can you stop being late for everything. There is no point. It's not like your soooo busy. Get your head out of the clouds. This is high school. Even Travis comes on time. You make everyone suffer because of you actions."

Rose looked shocked. I have to admit, I was extremely shocked that that came out of my mouth, but it had to be said. I wasn't going to feel bad about it.

"Is that true" Rose asked, no, demanded. Tears welled up in her eyes, and guilt rose up in my throat, but I quickly pushed it down. Everyone suddenly became interested in her shoes. I half expected her to run away, and it looked like she was considering it. But she gave a sad smile, and looked down. "Well I guess I'll try to get here an hour earlier..." I gave a brisk nod, and continued flipping through my book.

It's not like Astoria at all right? I wrote this to show how they put up with her for two years and like now she snapped. Poor Rose though. Will things change? Or is this just the beginning of a long, hard year.

Mimi_ship out ❤️❤️❤️❤️