"Are you happy?" Paul asked as they neared a clearing.

Madelline's eyes wandered around the place, a heavy feeling sinking inside her. "I am, but I feel like there's something about to go wrong, you know what I mean?"

Paul was about to open his mouth when they saw three figures standing by the center, looking as if they are in a heated conversation. They shared a look before slowly walking towards a hidden spot, near enough to listen and not interrupt the three.

At the center stood Jacob with Bella standing close to him and Edward standing a few feet back with an unknown expression written all over his face. 

"Jake," Bella softly called out, cupping Jacob's cheek as her eyes switched back and forth between Jacob's.

"I love you," she started, causing Madelline and Paul to look at each other with wide eyes. "But please don't make me choose... because it will always be him."

Madelline's heart ached for Jacob, seeing how he quickly masked his pain with an angry expression. Edward eventually walked towards the two, saying something that the two weren't able to catch but guessed it was bad enough that it made Jacob shift mid-air, a low and reverberating growl escaping his throat.

The two prepared to take on Jacob in case something happens, not until Bella rushed between the two, attempting to diffuse the tension between her lovers as Edward prepared himself to fight the russet wolf. When she saw how Jacob's eyes followed Bella's hands that laid against Edward's chest, seeing how it glistened, a heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"Take care of him, Paul," she told her best friend. Paul nodded and gave her a hug, softly ruffling her hair before taking after Jacob's wolf form.

She turned her head towards her other two friends, about to take one step closer to them until Edward's next words stopped her mid-track.

"I'll change you, Bella, under one condition," Edward said as his eyes met Bella's.

"What condition?"

"Marry me."

Madelline's hands flew up to her mouth in shock, her eyes widening as waves of excitement filled her insides; she could practically imagine their wedding already.

"Are you done listening, Maddy?" she heard Edward call out her name, making her giggle. She walked out of her spot, passing Bella but not before sending a wink to her way and mouthed, "we'll talk later."

"Damn, Eduardo. Did not peg you for an early marriage type of thing," she raised her eyebrows up and down at him, suggestively before giving them a side hug.

Edward rolled his eyes at her but he cannot refrain from smiling at her. He felt the tension within release under her presence.

"Let's go," Madelline drawled, looping her arms around Edward's and Bella's, dragging them towards his car as the two shared a look with soft smiles plastered on their lips. Edward could only shake his head in amusement, anticipating his family's reaction—particularly, Rosalie's.

unedited; sorry if this chapter feels rushed :( & im sorry for not updating! i hope u still enjoyed this chapter & thank u to those who commented & anticipate the upcoming chapters! u know who u are, tysm! ♡ keep commenting so i can know if u enjoyed the chapter & don't forget to vote if u liked it! lots of love & always stay safe! ♡

stream kick it of nct 127 😙