♕ plans ♕

we got to the little brunch cafe. it wasn't packed but it wasn't busy either. we got sat at our table and talked as we waited to be served.
"so prom is next week you know" schlatt said while looking at instagram and then at me
btw i don't know if i said this already you and the entire lunch club are seniors in high school. you moved to that school halfway through the year. also it is sunday ( ˘ ³˘)♥
"is it?!" i said in a kinda loud tone from being surprised.
"be my date?" he said with a big ol smile and held my hair from across the table.
i smiled back "of course, what day is it?"
he let go of my hand and put both in his lap.
"Wednesday at 6" he said happily. i nodded and put it in my phone's calendar. and then our waiter came over and took our orders. i got lemonade and pancakes with scrambled eggs (that's the only way i'll eat my eggs for some reason) and j got chocolate milk and a breakfast sandwich.
while we were eating j said
"watch one of us or the guys be prom king or queen"
they were a really popular group of friends so it really could happen.
"maybe one of you guys and some random girl"
i laughed but he didn't. "why do you think that?"
he said looking genuinely confused. "wha- OH like what if charlie goes up there and instead of his girlfriend being picked too it's so random girl that likes him you know?"
he nodded but still looked kinda confused
"you got it champ?" i said laughing
"i think so b" we both laughed and ended up finishing our food. when the check came i grabbed it immediately and scared him.
"what are you doing [y/n]" he said looking at me confused as fuck.
"paying." i said looking him dead in the eyes
"WHAT NO GIMME IT IMMA GENTLEMAN"
he said so fucking loud making people look at us
"i'm paying you brought me here and i'm paying" i said happily. the waiter came over and got my card to pay for. as soon as he walked away i looked back at schlatt and all i saw was him pouting and crossing his arms all slouched back.
i giggled and made him look at me.
"don't be a baby bubbs" i said while looking at him with a smile.
he muttered under his breath
"but i'm the gentleman"
"and i'm the gentelwoman"
i said happily and got up to his side and kissed his cheek making him blush.
when the waiter came back with my card we got all our stuff and i walked out holding his hand.

(i know this is a shorter chapter BUT I PROMISE ITS FOR A REASON and no don't expect a prom chapter where your crying bc of schlatt bc that's too cliche also TELL ME WHY MY DUMBASS FOR GOT TO POST IT AND GOT SAD like "why didn't anybody read it 🥺 headass anyway love yourself bc i love you)