Chapter 6

In Your Dreams: Chapter 6

Not having a highly detectable ki proved to be useful, and Goku was easily able to lose Vegeta in the hallways. He snickered to himself as the prince's calls faded into the distance, and soon he was confident that he could search for Bulma without running into the older man.

It was still early in the morning and Goku figured the older woman would be in bed. He silently made his way across the building to the eastern wing and he slipped into Bulma's room without incident.

Just as he had expected, she was still sleeping. The Saiyajin padded across the carpet and climbed onto the large king sized bed. It took a moment to find the woman amongst the mountain of blankets, but soon enough a tangle of blue hair became visible.

Goku leaned forward and shook her shoulder.

''Bulma.''

A muffled grunt was his only response, so this time he poked her.

''Bulma!''

The drowsy woman moaned and swatted at the air. ''Not now, Bura! It's early!''

Goku just stared at the bundle in front of him blankly before huffing. He didn't sound THAT much like a girl, did he?!

The Saiyajin crouched closer to his friend and took a deep breath.

''BULMA!''

''AHHH!!!'' Bulma screeched and bolted upright as she slapped her hands over her ringing ears. Blue eyes darted around the room before they finally settled on a grinning Goku.

She lowered her hands and attempted to bat him upside the head, but the younger man was ready and he ducked the blow. ''What the HELL, Goku?! Do you know what.... time....'' The older woman trailed off much like Goku had when it finally sunk in that he was able to talk, and after the initial shock, Bulma squealed and dragged the Saiyajin into a hug.

Goku squawked at the unexpected move. ''Too tight!''

''Sorry!'' Bulma loosened her grip before she released the man completely and she clapped in excitement. ''So how did this happen?''

-----------------------------------------------------

For the next hour Goku and Bulma talked. The Saiyajin told the older woman about the senzu that Dende had infused with his healing powers and that it had been Vegeta's idea. He also complained about the prince making fun of his 'teenage' voice, and then gave Bulma an earful over calling him Bura.

The blue haired woman was even able to coax a little information out of the younger man concerning some of his experiences while in Dr. Villa's lab. She learned the real reasons behind the damage to his vocal cords, and the information made her regret letting the man off so easy. Perhaps she could arrange to make his life a little more difficult after all...

As the conversation progressed however, Goku began to feel a familiar burning sensation in his throat. His voice became increasingly raspy, and words became more and more difficult to get out. Bulma had run into her bathroom and brought him back a glass of water, but it did nothing to diminish the pain or bring back his voice.

The older woman choked back her own emotions as she watched the Saiyajin become increasingly distraught over the current situation. To finally have his ability to speak restored after several years of silence, only to have it fade away again within two hours was devastating. The look of despair and disappointment on Goku's face was enough to break anyone's heart.

Bulma put her hand on the younger man's shoulder and attempted a small smile. ''Hey, don't worry about it. Dende probably couldn't pack enough of his power into a senzu. I'm sure if you went to see him in person he could permanently restore your voice.''