♧ Redemption | Norton Campbell ¤

2nd winner place of the voting list.
---

"I promise in our next life, I'll marry you. So please when I do..

Marry me."

You had that dream again...

Vivid as cold snow, the distant pictures of unfamiliar, yet so familiar faces rolled out like some kind of old movie strips. From smiles to distaste in anger, the odd looks from the people from your dream felt almost...alive, and yet you could never seem to remember what they had looked like when you woke up. They had called out your name as if they knew you from the start, fits of laughter and stories fluttered into a chest of locked memories. But to say you even knew them was false. Dreams were a figure of imagination, were they not? It wasn't like it hadn't already occurred, and the fact that it kept coming back grew strange yet confusing. You had told someone else about the dream, the memory burning in the back of your mind as it replayed the same scene but with blurry faces.

But that shouldn't be important anyway, right?

Succumbing to the soft touch of the mattress, the silk sheath of fabric lightly hovered just over your body, trapping heat as the early morning cold nipped at any open skin. Hairs stood as you forced your way from and out of the bedroom, but not before toppling over a stack of unopened boxes. Groaning but able to continue, the scent of divine spring aroused a calm atmosphere. It lingered of lavender, a trace of sweet honey danced around as the memorizing aroma gave a satisfying feeling. It smelled pretty nice, unlike the place back where you were forced to call it "home." Ignoring the origin of a delightful scent, your focus swayed to the sound of sizzling bacon.

You had been worried lately, and it showed. As if it was painted on your forehead, your roommate noticed the odd behavior surrounding the topic of parents, and it worries him to the core. It was rather sensitive, and even now it was but a brief period of time you decided to completely open up. But building up the courage, you had told him about the recent feelings of being watched, like eyes that would eventually burn a hole at the back of your head kind of type. Someone had been watching, and so far, the evidence gave no indication that it was true. But you never really put distrust in your gut. You were just scared that someone had found you, and this daydream of a short-lived new life would ultimately fall into the person you were forced to be once again.

Discovering the marble kitchen, the figure of a tall somewhat built man focused his attention towards the pan just between his grasp. His hair was nicely kept to one side, whilst the ends were rather in a more freely state. It had reminded you of an a axolotl, but in this case, he was far more annoying. With a scar painting the left side of his face, he had looked attractive even when he himself says otherwise. "Morning," your roommate glanced his way towards your own, brown hazel staring back as you got used to his stares. The tiny smile placed on his lips were surely sweet, accompanied with the devilish curve of his eyes.

Sending a tired wave, you responded with a hum, deliberately ignoring his smirk and questionable antics. After all, you were nothing but his roommate, a person who shares the apartment and splits the rent. Of course, you were still grateful he was kind enough to accept your offer since you had ran away from...home and decided to work twice as hard with two jobs. It was a miracle still to this day how that spurt of a moment almost fatality ended your future- with an arranged marriage to some stranger your parents decided to unquestionably sold you to. If you hadn't disobeyed and ran away, who knows what would happen?

Between your series of worries and sighs, it became apparent that one way or another, your persistent parents were going to find where you have been hiding throughout these two years. They were in a state of power, one that you were certainly afraid that they'd use to harm the friends found throughout this wild situation. They weren't exactly the kind of people who would see others for their personality, rather the wealth and authority. With that in mind, the man who they were so pushy for you to wed to- was no other than a rich boy. A "Handsome, generous, and wealthy man who could help with your future," as your mother often said. But you were also skeptical of the many assumptions the said "Handsome, generous, and wealthy man" really was. For all you know, he would be an old guy just trying to find some young girl to wed.