Confidence

Gloria was walking past the markets on Stow on Side together with Marnie. The two of them were great friends ever since their first battle together. They often camped together and made lots of curry. Tomorrow they would fight against Bea. Victor was training in Glimwood Tangle while Bede and Hop were training near the Diglet statues.

"Oi oi, look at that stable!" Gloria eagerly said as she pointed towards a market stable. The brunette grabbed her friends arm and took her towards the stall together.

"Look look, they sell Applin's made out of wood here!" Gloria excitedly said. "You should totes give Victor one of those." She teasingly added.

Marnie turned red and immediately shook her head.

"W-Why would I do that for?" She stuttered uneasily.

Gloria laughed and teasingly nudged her friend's shoulder. Marnie rolled her eyes and looked away awkwardly. The two of them walked around a little bit longer. They eventually agreed to join Hop and Bede in their training. Gloria and Marnie saw Bede and Hop facing each other from a distance. Gloria waved happily and ran towards her two friends. There was a strange tension between the two of them and Marnie suddenly grabbed Gloria's arm to stop her from getting closer. Gloria tilted her head with confusion. She turned her gaze at Hop. He looked as if he was about to cry. His usual bright yellow eyes were clouded and watery. Gloria reached out her hand to him. "Oi... Hop..." She muffled softly. The young boy ignored her and stomped right past her. Suddenly she felt something snap in her. Gloria gritted her teeth and clenched both of her fist. She turned around and glanced at Bede with eyes that could kill. She stepped forwards, although Marnie was doing her best to hold the brunette back.

"Gloria, don't, you shouldn't-"

"What did you say to him?" Gloria yelled at the white haired boy while  ignoring Marnie. The brunette grabbed Bede by the hem of his vest and held his face only a few inches away from hers. Bede stubbornly looked away, although he was starting to sweat a little. Although he was a bit scared of the girl, his eyes showed almost no emotions. Gloria groaned and let go of Bede. He let out a sly laugh and took a step back.

"Why do you even bother? I said to him that he puts his brothers name to shame." Bede said with an ugly smile on his face.

Gloria turned around to punch him, but Marnie caught her hand just in time. Bede suddenly punched her nose as a reflex and took a step back.

"Bede!" Marnie angrily growled at the white haired boy.

Gloria covered her face with her hands and let out a small groan.  Marnie immediately turned to her and grabbed her hands away from her face to look at her nose. It was hurting like hell. Her nose started bleeding slowly. Gloria suddenly lifted her leg and kicked Bede as hard as she could in his stomach. The young orphan fell down on the ground and curled up in pain. Gloria glanced at him one last time while breaking free from Marnie's grip.

"Oi, ya keep callin' my mate Hop a weakling, yet ya lil' whiney arse can't even take a beatin' from a gal' smaller than yerself." Her voice was trembling and full of hate. She spat on the ground next to him. "People like you disgust me."

Gloria ran off the same way Hop left. She had to search for him, she had to cheer him up. Her nose was still bleeding but she didn't care about that at the moment. She had to cheer up Hop. She started taking a sprint, until she eventually saw him from a distance. He was standing near a cliff with a pokeball in his hand. He was looking at it with sad eyes, tossing it in the air a few times. Gloria eventually came to a halt and put her hands on her knees as she was out of breath. Hop turned around and immediately ran up to her. She looked at her own shadow. A few drops of blood were falling onto the sandy ground underneath her. The purple haired boy grabbed her chin softly and forced her to look at him.

"Glo, are you okay mate? You're bleeding!" He asked her in panic. He pulled her with him and tried to start walking back towards Stow on Side. "Come on, let's get ya some help."

Gloria ignored him and stood as steady as a rock. She shook her head and looked at him. Her eyes immediately started to water she sniffed her nose a few times and pouted her lip.

"Oi, Gloria?" He looked at her with big eyes. All the sadness disappeared from his face, changing to worry.

"You should really take care of yeself, ya know." Gloria sniffed as she wiped the blood of her face with her hand. "You are a strong trainer, you really are. Bede's just an idiot."

Hop suddenly cuddled her tightly. His arms were wrapped around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder. Their chests were touching. Gloria put her arms around his back and pulled him tighter against her. She buried her face in his chest. There was a pleasant warm breeze blowing their way. They eventually broke out of the hug. Hop grabbed a napkin and wiped Gloria's face clean.

"There there." He kindly said to her.

"I totally gave Bede an ass weepin' tho." Gloria laughed. "I'm sure he'll be nicer next time we meet."

Hop smiled for a second, but it went away quickly. He looked at the ground. "But he is right," He softly said with a trembling voice,"I do bring Leon's name down. I truly am a weakling... "

Gloria immediately grabbed his cheeks and pulled them tightly.

"Ow ow ow!" Hop groaned.

Gloria let go and frowned at him. "Open up your arms." She commanded him.

Hop followed her command. "Wider!" She said with an even sterner voice.

Without any furder ado, Gloria launched herself into Hop's arms and embraced her dear friend warmly. Hop immediately hugged her back. They were holding each other in each arms once again. After a little while they broke off. Gloria poked Hop's chest teasingly and put her arms behind her back. She was smiling from ear to ear. Only the sight of it made Hop blush. His chest suddenly felt different than before. It gave him a fuzzy and warm feeling in his stomach.

"Promise me that you'll keep on fighting the Gym Challenge. Promise me this as my best friend and as my rival." She smirked.

Hop was quiet for a moment. He was staring at his best friend. She looked stunning in the golden light of the setting sun. Her almond eyes were shining brightly. She looked so feminine. He'd never looked at her this way before. It made his heart pound even harder in his chest. He smiled at Gloria.

"I promise." he answered her truthfully.

The two of them eventually walked back to the market of Stow on Side together. They were greeted by a relieved Marnie and an angry Victor. Victor was pouting his cheeks. His hands were standing angrily on his hips.

"Gloria!" He angrily called out his twin sisters name.

Gloria and Hop glanced at each other quickly. "Oh boy." She let out a deep sigh.

Hop gave her a soft karate chop on her head. "Are you stupid? Fighting with another challenger? This could have meant disqualification! You're lucky Bede didn't snitch you or anything!" He angrily scolded his sister.

Gloria lifted her chin and arrogantly looked away. "That bastard totally had it comin'."

Hop nodded his head in agreement. The four of them went to the Budew drop in together. Everyone went into their rooms together except for Hop and Gloria. They were sitting on a bench in the hallways next to each other.

"Thanks for sticking up for me, Glo." Hop softly said.

Gloria grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. She smiled at her friend and blushed a little.

"I can't promise I'll go easy on hem next time though." she laughed.

She laid down her head on Hop's shoulder. They kept quiet like that for awhile. Hop started to blush. His head started to feel hot and the fuzzy feeling returned to his chest. Hop looked at his friend quickly. Has he fallen in love with her? He wanted to be with her more than he ever did before. The two of them kept sitting like that for a while before both returning to their rooms. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day.