"I'm sorry..." Varian spoke softly.

"What? Why are you sorry?" Aquaria looked at him in confusion.

"It's been over a year since we've snuggled together here... it's my fault... I'm so sorry..." Varian felt tears in his eyes.

"Varian, don't be sorry. It's okay. I'm not mad. I forgive you for everything that happened, everything that you said," Aquaria said gently.

"I don't forgive myself... how can I? I-I said that I hated you. I said that I wished we never met and I told you that I never wanted to see you again... I hurt you and your family... a-and..." He trailed his fingers over the scar on her arm where one of the black rocks had cut her. "I physically hurt you..."

"Varian..."

"Your father said that he should've forbid you from seeing me years ago... maybe he was right... maybe we shouldn't be allowed to see each other... maybe it's best that we-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," Aqua scolded lightly. "I love you, Varian. I will tell you that every day. I don't care if we're still teenagers. I know what it means to be in love. You are my boyfriend, but more importantly, you are my best friend in the entire world. I don't care if everyone in the entire world thinks you are dangerous or evil or- whatever they think! I will always love you no matter what!"

Varian smiled a little and he nodded before kissing her gently. "I love you too, Aqua."

Ruddiger chittered as he looked at the two.

"We love you too, Ruddiger," Varian said with a smile as he snuggled with his little buddy and his girlfriend.

"Goodnight, freckles," Aquaria said softly as she buried her face in his chest.

"Goodnight, bluebell." Varian kissed her head and fell asleep with a smile.

🧪

Varian's heart dropped as pink goo flew all over the lab.

"I'm sorry, Rapunzel. I-I was so sure this was gonna work! I feel like I've tried everything," Varian said as he looked at the ground in defeat.

"You did your best, and besides, I have another method up my sleeves don't get me wrong. The power of science is impressive, but it is nothing compared to the power of love," Rapunzel said with a grin before more of the pink goop shot out at her.

"Mm, strawberry," Rapunzel murmured before Aquaria came in.

"Did it work?" She asked hopefully, but Varian sighed and shook his head.

"It's alright, Var. Now let's go!" Aqua said excitedly.

"Where are you two off to?" Rapunzel asked curiously as she started to get the goo off of herself.

"We're going to sign Herz Der Sonne's diary!" Varian beamed as he walked over to the king and queen to help them out of his machine.

"That's great!" Rapunzel said and Aqua smiled.

"What about you and Eugene?" She asked her sister curiously.

"We're definitely going to sign it this year," Rapunzel confirmed.

"Well, we're gonna go. I'm sorry it didn't work, but I hope your plan does, Rapunzel," Varian said as he made his way over to Aquaria.

"Have fun you two," Rapunzel said before the two walked out of the lab.

"This is so exciting! We finally get to sign the diary," Aquaria said with a bright smile. "Now, are you gonna tell me what we're doing today? You said it was special."

"First, we are gonna sign the book and then I'll tell you," Varian said with a grin.

"Then let's go!"

Normally she had to dress up for the Day of Hearts ceremony when they brought out the book and she would go around meeting with the townspeople, but this year she was spending the day with Varian. The day of love was just gonna be the two of them. Quirin offered to make sure Ruddiger was okay in the lab every so often so they could be alone for the whole day.

As they walked up to the book, Aquaria smiled brightly. Varian opened the book and found the next blank page.

"You first, my love," Varian said with a cheesy smile as he handed her the feather pen. Aquaria laughed a little but took the pen.

She sighed her name and then Varian signed his name. He smiled and pulled her close after putting the pen down.

"I love you, Aquaria," he murmured as he locked eyes with her.

"I love you too, Varian," Aqua said gently.

He dipped her slightly and pressed his lips to hers.

The people around them let out an 'aww' which made Aqua blush even brighter than she already had been.

Varian pulled her up and rested his forehead on hers gently.

"You really are the best, Var," Aquaria whispered and he chuckled lightly.

"You are better than the best," Varian said to her before he pulled away. "Now, shall we get on with today's agenda?"

"Yes!" Aqua nodded quickly and Varian took her to the garden where there was a picnic blanket and a basket.

"Care to join me?" Varian held her hand and led her to the blanket before sitting down with her.

"I brought pancakes, sausage, apples, and some cinnamon rolls for our breakfast picnic," Varian said as he pulled out the stuff.

"You are just too sweet," Aqua said happily.

"Oh, I'm just getting started, blue," Varian murmured.