3-More Research

If you have any cast ideas, I'd really appreciate them!

~Saya

-----

3- More Research

Gentle hands shook me awake the next morning. With a groan, I rolled onto my side away from the person.

"Come on, Phoenix," Mihael said coaxingly, a firm edge in his voice.

I wrapped my pillow around my head.

"Ooo, bad move," he commented mischievously. In the space of a few seconds, he snatched away my pillow and swung my up into his arms, catching me bridal-style. I squeaked and hid my face in his shoulder, much to his amusement.

"Okay, okay! I'm up!" I yelped, my voice muffled.

He laughed and set me on my feet, keeping his arm around my shoulders until he was sure I was steady. Then he left the room after warning me I had half an hour to get ready.

Grumbling to myself, I slipped into a pair of purple skinny-jeans and a plain black tanktop. I left my hair down, but applied purple eyeliner and grabbed my jacket before leaving my room.

I joined Mihael in the kitchen. Ahli and Britney were still passed out in the living room. Grabbing a box of taquitos out of the freezer, I asked Mihael if he wanted anything. He shook his head, and I just shrugged.

"Francis and the others will be here soon," he informed me.

I nodded even as my other movements slowed. The nightmare...I'd managed to forget about that.

Sensing the change in my mood, Mihael walked up behind me and put his hands reassuringly on my shoulders. "Quit worrying and hurry up," he chided gently, "Besides, it might have been just a dream after all. You were watching Prom Night."

I turned to him curiously, maybe even a little bit suspicious. "How did you know?" I asked a bit warily.

Mihael rolled his eyes. "The case is still out on the table," he explained.

"Oh." Feeling stupid, I turned quickly and stuck the plate of taquitos into the microwave, making three attempts before I managed to slam the door shut.

Just then the buzzer rang. Mihael and I both sighed. Mine was a sigh of relief at the distraction, but from Mihael's expression, I wasn't so sure about his. I left the room to answer the door. The other five boys were grouped on the other side, and I signaled for them to be quiet as opened the door wide enough to admit them.

They moved silently into the room; the only sound was that of their clothing rustling. I watched their cautious movements. Compared to them, I would've sounded like a bull stumbling around the room. Francis approached me, leaning close enough that his lips almost brushed the shell of my ear.

"We'll go check out that dream of yours now, if you're ready," he breathed.

I nodded. "Just let me leave a note," I requested in a whisper. I hurried back to the kitchen to find a pen and a pad of paper. After shuffling through several drawers, I came up with a small notebook. I grabbed a pen off the counter, scribbled down a note, and left the notebook open on the table. I decided against ripping it out, seeing as I'd already made enough noise to wake the dead-though apparently not my two friends.

"Phoenix," Mihael hissed as I started to follow the others out the door. I spun to face him, curious. Over one arm hung my oversized grey jacket and in his other hand, he held up my taquitos, wrapped in a paper towel. Feeling my cheeks heat up, I quickly returned to take them from him.