Cinq

When I wake up, Chan is no longer sleeping next to me. I yawn, and go change in the bathroom that neighbors the bedroom. Then, I pack up my stuff and move over to the kitchen, where Chan stands, making what looks like pancakes in an apron.

The scene is so domestic, so soft, that I have to smile.

I walk next to him, and Chan turns to me. There's pancake batter on his chin, nose and forehead.

"Welcome to Chan's kitchen", he says in English with a broad grin.

I give him an awkward thumbs up.

"Where are the glasses?"

"In english, a glass of water is a glass of water."

I swear, this man.

"Thanks for the information, but I really need to know where to get a glass of water", I try to copy his pronunciation. He laughs.

"Are you making fun of my accent?"

"Not intentionally"

"It's over in the second cabinet over there", he points with a spatula, and a bit of the pancake batter drips onto the countertop.

I grab one, and fill it to the brim with water.

"How much do you remember?", I ask, more serious.

"I remember it all. By the way, have you checked your emails?", he asks, slightly hopeful.

"She hasn't answered yet. But from what I can glean from the information given in the summary of the book on Wikipedia, you turn whenever your emotions flare up in anger or sadness or stress, that kind of thing. It's kind of like an adrenaline reaction. Also, you turn when the moon is full, so two or three nights a month, and that's when you can turn others as well. Apparently, their counterpart, a human in some way connected to them, I'm guessing that's me and my middle finger, can calm a wolf. This has to do with close emotional bonds or whatnot. That's all I could find."

"You mean, someone who was also a wolf bit me and that's why I became a wolf?"

I nod.

"So like, stay away from stressful situations or whatever", I finish.

"Ok, doc", Chan smiles, then gives me a platter with pancakes. He turns off the stove, and takes off the apron before grabbing the other plate.

"How are you so calm about this?", I ask him,"if I were you, I'd be a nervous wreck."

"Well, I can't change anything even if I panic, that would just make things worse", Chan points out,"and I have you to help me figure it out."

The room appears to spike in temperature at his words, leaving me blushing and staring at the table.

I shove some food into my mouth to make sure I don't have to answer to that statement.

[][][][][]

Luckily, Jisung packed my books into the overnight bag as well, so I can easily go to my classes. Hyunjin's eyes immediately lock on me when I enter the room, taking off my beanie.

"Tell me everything"

"We cuddled and slept in one room", I confess.

"Did you sleep or sleep?", my roommate asks.

"Please shut up"

Hyunjin smirks but does as asked, instead pointing out the flaws in the lecture.

Class ends, and I pack up. Hyunjin stays longer to wait for Seungmin, so I go out alone.

"Jeongin", a familiar voice calls out behind me.