♡21 : The Fall Out

Amelia started to breathe easier as she exited her room, her slipper clattering softly as she walked down the quiet corridor, climbed down the steps, out of the main door and into the sunlight.

She let out a sigh of relief. Had it not been because of the dream, then she still had been sleeping. She woke up dreaming about Jacob and Zach fighting over her and she was restless. She couldn't sleep back. She was feeling like caged in her room, so she decided to come out and go for a walk in the fresh morning air.

It was 6 am in the morning. The garden was looking beautiful. She took a few minutes to breathe in the enchantment of a sea full of multi-colored flowers, listening to the soothing sound of the birds. Her mind felt clear and relaxed.

Amelia sat for an hour almost admiring the nature and reflecting upon her life. December snow falling on Heathrow, making every thing foggy and beautiful. Like her life, the concern and interest Zach is showing to help her through her pregnancy, keeping his words that he made while trying to convince her to come with him. She never expected life would bestow such gladness in her heart as she feels here with the Hammilton's and all her worries about how she will manage with everything being pregnant, taken care of.

Her mind went back to the dream she had... Or it was a nightmare, she thought.

Nah, It certainly wasn't a nightmare because Zach had been protecting her from Jacob like a Knight. Jacob was angry and he was attacking her... Their child... And she was in panic... Crying for help... And, Zach appeared for her rescue.

Sometimes she wondered how her life had been if she had not realized that escape from Jacob's house that night when he had tortured her after Zach denied to buy her shares. Wonder what he might have acted after she had given? The question was always running on the backrest of her judgement but she never got much interest in because she didn't want to imagine about him at all, back then. Hurt and hatred were at its prime inside her, where he was concerned. Now, when she feels settled and in peace with herself and life here this dream evokes those thoughts and brought this dream to her, making her think of her life before and now.

This Time Last Year Everything Was So Different, she recalled. She passed two winters with Jacob, but he never was there for her. Not even at Christmas. The inaugural year was somewhat more beneficial because during that time he still was attempting to prick her interest in him, trying to seduce her and thrusting himself on her. He never once recognized that she was his wife not a commodity that he could buy from her what he wants by doing all that. A tidings of love, some compassion would have played for them, but all Jacob was after was lost. Their regular fights were rather awkward because he used to say the most hurtful things like ice-maiden, ice factory etc. in front of the servant. And, when she refused to sleep with him and engaged herself in her room, he cracked the door and stuck her.

Jacob never bothered to have a talk with her about everything that has been going wrong in their marriage. She could have done so, but neither did she because she feared him since she felt a psychotic side to him after that episode. And, then it and became like a ritual whenever he felt the need to hold her and torment her.

Last year, she had survived countless emotional and physical blows sent across her by him. Until that night when she realized she was pregnant...

A sob hit her throat and she felt a shiver as memories refilled her mind and put out her senses. She wiped off the teardrop that fell from her eyes and Thanked God for her present. For her, it was actually a present from God because she had thrown up on all hopes of being a mother, to live again, to find her peace.