❃ Prologue ❃ (Edited)

'"She is Beauty Personified', that is the first thought that entered Zach's mind as he watched her playing with the kids at the orphanage. He had been the member of the authority commission but he was not quite able to visit the place much due to his business commitments and meetings across the globe, in different countries.

That is the reason why he has no idea who this lady is. This is the first time he had seen her. Dressed in a peach color skirt and top and her shoulder length hair open and flying in the direction of the air as her peach colored lips opens to laugh at something the little boy said in her ear.

He was mesmerized. He had seen many beautiful girls in his field and social circles, but none of them had that innocence about them in their eyes as hers. They were simply beautiful, but she was beautiful with kindness, compassion and warmth showing in her motion.

He was thus engaged in admiring her that he didn't even realized that he had been standing at the office window and observing her for past 20 minutes. It was when he heard the knock on the door that he came out of his thoughts and back to reality.

After 10 minutes, when, after sending the staff away by signing some paper, he again went to the windowpane, but that young woman had departed, it seems. He, at once ran away to the garden where the children were playing and asked where she was. The lame boy who she was playing with told him that 'Amelia' has gone now and will come back on next Sunday.

Zach was curious to see more of her, but none of the staff could help him with much information about her. The lady wanted to maintain her secret visits. Although, They did inform him of her generosity and kindness with not just bringing gifts for the youngsters but also taking time away and spending few hours with them, every Sunday. 

Everyone who knew her loved and respected her. Zach felt wonderful in his heart. He felt that he finally had found someone he had been looking for.

A week went by with him, expecting to examine her, see her, and get to know more of her from her. He didn't want to rush into things, but he wanted to introduce himself to her this Sunday. His hopes high and his aspirations of her getting him more fond of her.

All hopes and dreams fell apart when he saw her on Sunday with wedding cards in her hand as she invited a few people from the orphanage to her wedding taking place in the next few days. He had been waiting since morning to finally meet her. He was nervous, anxious, but sure in his heart that he will talk to her today. But, when he heard from some girls discussing her wedding invitation as he was going down to the garden to meet her. His feet froze. His eyes stoned.

He had found someone he wanted, only to lose her, to another!

Silently, he came out of the office building, glanced at the garden, taking one last look of her as she hugged the boy and laughed with them over something, his heart did a flip. He felt something he never felt before. 

Was it love or anguish, he didn't realize. 

He sat in his car and drove away.

                                                                                             ❃ ❃ ❃