Chapter 2 : Nasuada's decision

Once they made their way to the gates of Ilirea, Eragon and Arya got off and walked together to spend as much time as possible with each other, talking about how they had been enjoying their time as friends and allies for the last year, even though it had to be under such terrible circumstances. Once they reach the new throne room, Nausuada is sitting on the throne, which stood out as much cleaner than the last throne of Ilirea, which had been destroyed in the blast Galbatorix had made.

Nasuada nodded at them and said, "Eragon. Arya. I see that you wanted to talk with me. So shall we?" Arya and Eragon nodded in sync as they made their way to her office to talk about things.

Nausuada first said, "So. Eragon We must first discuss what you have decided. Will you lead the magicians' group or not?" Eragon breathes deeply before he responds to this, "I will not. I am leaving. Forever. I will not be able to lead them from that far away, plus, I still think it's a bad idea. I will be leaving four eggs, and a few Eludinari to Arya. One egg will go to the dwarfs, one to the urgals, one to the humans, and one to the elves. We have made a new pact and everyone agrees it is for the best. All races will get an egg. If neither of them hatches then, Arya will have them switch. Arya will be going over this operation. Once an egg finds its rider and is able to fly, she will send them to me. The rest of the eggs and Eludinari will go with me."

Nausuada is surprised by Eragon's speech but says nothing. Then Arya speaks, " And Nausuada, I have some news. I am now the queen of the elves. I must lead from inside Du Weldenvarden, so you will see less of me." Nausuada still sits there in silence. Nausuada nods to the pair and walks out of the door. She cannot believe what had just transpired.