"So you guys didn't make out?" I asked Kajal and Aarav.

"Ew! No." Both Aarav and Kajal said and shook their heads vigorously.

"It was a stupid excuse by your brother." Kajal said and glared at my twin who passed her a sheepish grin.

"Okay, I'll get going downstairs now...Jake is waiting for me." Aarav said as he got off the water tank and climbed down the stairs.

It was just me, AK and Kajal now.

"I'll go and have some more cake downstairs," Kajal said and gave me a sly grin as she too left while I tried to gesture her to stay.

Once the two had left, it was just me and Ayushmann up on the water tank. It was all like a déjà vu. Altough this time it wasn't awkward at all. I was at ease and didn't feel too conscious about myself.

"You're really strong for a girl your size. Considering how you pushed me against the wall." AK said and chuckled while I only blushed and looked away.

"I wish your brother had told me that it's your birthday, I'd have brought a gift on my way." Ayushmann said.

"You showed up. What more could I have asked for a gift?"

AK turned to look at me with amusement.

Oh God, DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD?!

"I...Uh..." I started fumbling with my words. Now I'm awkward. Just Great!

"Hey," AK said as he placed a hand over mine which made me shut up in an instant.

"Stop talking when you're too nervous to speak. That's all." He suggested with a lopsided grin.

 I felt my heart race faster as his thumb traced soothing circles over the back of my hand. His hand was warm and large and completely covered my cold palm underneath.

"Your brother told me that you don't celebrate your birthday. Why's that so?" He asked me.

I turned silent on that one as her memories crossed my mind once again. I've been thinking about her since yesterday night. Sighing, I looked out at the Mumbai cityscape and took a deep breath as I let the night breeze caress my face. I imagined her putting her loving palm over my cheek as I closed my eyes.

"Six years back...I lost my grandma on this very day." I stated slowly. AK stopped tracing my hand.

"We were waiting for her to arrive from her place so that we could cut the cake and celebrate the birthday when... when she was met by a road accident and... and she didn't make it out." I formed the words slowly as I looked up at the stars, imagining her to be looking down at me.

"And every year... when this day arrives..." I spoke.

"When this day arrives, you feel like you were the reason why she isn't with you today." Ayushmann completed the sentence for me.

I turned to look at him with a surprised look. Only now did I realize that I had tears streaming down my face. AK was looking ahead at the city with a blank face. The breeze kept brushing his hair back occasionally and his face was partially visible under the low powered light situated next to the water tank.

"It wasn't your fault, Tanya. So stop blaming yourself. Granny won't be happy when she'd know how you feel about this accident." AK spoke, still looking ahead.

"How...how did you know?" I asked because I hadn't shared my guilt about that incident with anyone. Not even Aarav.

AK turned to face me. His eyes gleaming with shades of yellow and brown as the little bulb's light reflected over his brown orbs. His face turned orange under the little source of light, making it partially visible. He gave a small smile as he raised his right hand and put it gently over my cheek.

"I just know... There's no particular reason." Ayushmann spoke slowly. He rubbed away the tears by gliding his thumb across my cheek. His touch was a gentle caress which seemed so soothing to my chaotic mind.

I don't know what bravery overtook me, but I reached out for his free hand and held onto it. He too slowly intertwined our fingers as he continued to look at me with his brown eyes. I soon felt like I was losing myself in those brown pools. He slowly glided his hand from my cheek and rested it somewhere around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Tanya..." Ayushmann whispered, his minty breath fanned over my face which made me realize his proximity. I closed my eyes as he lowered his face further down.

"Tanya madam! Are you up on the tank?" A voice reached us and we both jerked apart. AK's eyes had turned wide at the sudden call while I was mimicking his expression. I realized it was the complex's security guard who knew me since I was a little kid.

"Um...yeah." I answered the guard standing down the stairs. I'm sure the little bulb wasn't enough to make him spot Ayushmann; yet AK released me from his arms and slid back, hiding in the dark, so that the guard didn't spot him.

"I totally forgot that it was your birthday today, so I came looking for you to wish you," The guard called from downstairs.

"Uh...Thanks!" I spoke.

The guard then walked away, out of the terrace, down the stairs. Once he was gone, I turned to look at Ayushmann who had turned almost crimson. I could still see his face to an extent under the poor lighting.

"Um...shall we leave?" AK asked as he got up on his feet. Nodding, I too stood up and dusted my jeans.

AK put on his hoodie and sunglasses as he prepared to leave silently.

"Ayushmann..." I called as he was about to descend the stairs. My heart literally jumped when he turned on my call.

"Yeah?" He said, his voice composed than before.

I took two steps ahead and hugged his torso; wrapping him in my arms I placed my head sideways on his chest. He was fairly thrown off guard but soon enough recovered and hugged me back.

"Thanks for being here for me," I said as I continued to hug him, his heart beating frantically as I put my ear against his chest.

Author's Note

Namaste people!

I know the chapter was REALLY LONG and I'm sorry if it bored you.

Keep smiling!

See you until the next update.