Chapter 22: Spit it Out!

An hour later all four boys stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting on their mother who was packing the blue cookies and their father who was bringing the car around.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Percy said leaving the kitchen and meeting the boys at the door.

She opened the door and came to a sudden holt causing Dick to run into her but Percy wasn't fazed one bit.

"Mom?" Terry said trying to look over Dick's shoulder.

"Boys this is John Constantine son of Hecate," Percy said her eyes not once leaving the strangers. "Go to the car and tell your father I'll be down in a second."

The boys quickly went around Percy and the man and ran to the car where Bruce was waiting.

"Son of Hecate." Damian scoffed once they all got into the car. "Do you seriously believe he's the son of a Titan?"

"Of course," Dick said. "If the daughter of Poseidon says that's a son of Hecate she must know him personally."

"So you're saying that she's really a demigod and the cousin of Diana Prince."

"We haven't been saying that to mess with you," Tim said rolling his eyes. "And don't forget mom's also the sister of Aquaman."

"What are you guys talking about?...... Son of Hecate?" Bruce asked after a moment of silence.

"John Constantine," Terry said raising an eyebrow. "Do you know him?"

"Of course I know him. He helps the Justice Leauge out once in a while." Bruce said looking out the window at Percy and John heading their way. "He's skilled in magic specifically dark magic but I didn't know he was a demigod."

Percy whispered something in John's ear before quickly getting in the car and giving Bruce a dark look.

"Johns going to meet us where we're taking the boys," Percy said before she watched John light a cigarette and disappear. "He needs to talk to the two of us."

Bruce nodded his head and began to drive while all the boys besides Damian gave her confused worried looks.

Their mother wasn't easily spooked and it isn't every day that a demigod shows up on their doorstep.

This had to be something big.

Ten minutes later the family of six pulled into Gotham's City Fair a place where all children's dreams come true...... well at least that's what the fliers say.

Percy turned to the boys in the back with a tight smile before reaching into her wallet and pulling out $100.

"I want you guys to have fun while me and Bruce take care of some business. I want you all to stay together do you understand?"

"Yes, mom." Dick, Terry, and Tim say together.

"Damian."

"Yeah sure," Damian said rolling his eyes and refusing to meet Percy's eyes causing her to sigh.

"Good and now that we're all on the same page go have fun we'll catch up with you guys later," Bruce said watching the boys quickly get out of the car and rush out of sight.

As soon as the boys where out of sight John wasted no time jumping in the back seat almost giving Percy a heart attack.

"Don't do that!" Percy said placing a hand on her chest.

"Sorry, mate," John said with a small laugh. "Now I'm here because..... well."

"Spit it out!" Bruce said annoyed that John was procrastinating.

"I visited an oracle the oracle of Trophonius."

The mood of the car changed turned darker than the fields of punishment before something in Percy snapped.

In the blink of an eye, Percy was in the backseat on top of John with her hands around his throat.

"I love you but I'll kill you," Percy said squeezing harder.

Bruce quickly got out the car and opened the back door so he could try to get Percy off John put she was strong and it took him a minute.

When Percy was removed from John Bruce held on to her while she kicked and screamed curses at both men.

"Are you crazy! All demigods know it's a no no to search for an oracle but not only did you search for an oracle but you went to see the dark oracle! Was the Oracle of Delphi not challenging enough for you!" She screamed. "And then you brought this shit to our door! We have kids! Bruce let me go so I can kill him."

"You where... the only one I could... think to go too." John coughed out. "And the oracle of Trophonius was the closest one to me."

"What did the oracle say?" Bruce asked knowing he was going to regret asking.

"Well, he gave me a prophecy..."

"No shit," Percy said glaring.

"He sai-"

"Wait," Bruce said. "Boys come out I know you're there."

Terry, Dick, Tim, and Damian all stood up from the cars they where hiding behind looking anywhere but their parents.

"What are you doing out here your suppose to be having fun at the fair," Percy said shocked that she didn't feel their presence.

"When we got to the back of the line we heard you screaming so we came to investigate," Tim said.

"Yeah and we came just in time too," Terry said with a wide smile. "It's been a while since I've heard a prophecy."

"You guys can stay just be quiet," Bruce said causing Percy's eyes to widen.

"No, absolutely not!" She said glaring at her husband. "The Trophonius Oracle has been known to drive people insane with its Oracles and you think I want our children to hear anything that evil thing said."

"Their mature they can handle it."

"I'm mature and I'm not sure I can handle it," Percy said.

"Mature?......" Dick said causing Percy to glare at him.

"Sorry, mom."

"Tell us," Bruce said ignoring his wife glare.

John looked between the couple not sure if he should talk or go hide.

"Are you sure?."

"Talk," Bruce repeated with a little more force.

John took a death breath before repeating the words the oracle had spoken to him.

"Reality will change to one without hope.
Death and despair is all that you'll know.
Years alone and the world will end.
But with luck, you'll go back and start over again."

"Holy shit!" Dick said over the silence.