⌜ twenty five ⌟

Start from the beginning

flipping another page of the book she is reading, she remained unbothered as she didn't look up at her son's deadly glare but she can feel his gaze boring down on her. ❝it's a request made by your father.

the lion knew that his father was ill and he may have promised to do his father's will but he will not do this one. not even a slight bit of convincing can make him change his mind. ❝i will not marry her. i didn't even accept it in the first place!

are you turning down your father's last request?❞ it was just now that the mother looked up and saw how furious her son is, but she kept herself composed.

the lion scoffed before pointing a finger at her, ❝i am king, how dare you order me around.❞ he said, not holding back from his words. a little more then he might snap and curse at his own mother.

he is your father!❞ she then raised her voice, having enough of her son's stubborn attitude. ❝and i am your mother so don't you talk to me like that. where are your manners?

mocking a laugh, mark eyed the two eagles and took a step back from her. ❝how nice of you two to still consider yourselves as my parents.❞ he said. ❝well, i had enough because i can't even say that i'm your son.

the mother was taken aback by how mark just cut ties with her, with them. she then watched the lion turned his back on her as he began to exit himself from the toxic air he is breathing with her. she knew he would go against the plan which is why she had to find a way to bring mark back.

knowing where her son would go to when he is this upset, she decided to seize the moment and use this an advantage.

and where are you off to?❞ she questioned, standing up from the sofa and had her arms crossed while waiting for her son's reply.

stopping his tracks, mark didn't bother to turn around and face her. ❝i'll be having a talk with father.

with a smirk, ❝no one, even the king, is allowed to go inside his room.❞ she told him, walking closer with his heels thumping the floor. ❝it was the paramedics who suggested that.

mentioning the palace's trusted baboons, mark had finally turned around to face her and the mother never had felt so relieved after getting the king's attention. she knew he'd get him like this. she wasn't even feeling slight bad for what she was plotting.

it took mark seconds before he spoke and asked a question. ❝what do you mean?❞ he hated how he was like this. that even if he despised his parents so much, it would still worry him if something happens to them.

your father had a mild stroke last night.❞ she kept on the act, hiding the smirk from her face. ❝you want to know what's the cause of it?

he wanted to leave and didn't want to hear her sprout nonsense. he badly wanted to see his father whether he was allowed or not, not to check his state but to talk him out about the news of the wedding that was spreading around the palace the moment he arrived from his duty around the town. but hearing that he had a mild stroke was all too sudden. the last time they brought baboons over to check up on his father, they said that the former king has a chance to survive if he was treated well. even if his father isn't the king anymore, everyone inside the palace treated him one.

so, it was strange as to how he had a mild stroke all of a sudden.

taking the silence as a yes, she began. ❝last night, i just thought of making tea for your father. to my surprise, then there's this pudu who went inside the kitchen—