𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Uh, yeah," he said as if that were a silly question. "If college kids find you attractive. You still got it."

"I love the way your mind works," I smirked.

I crossed my arms over my chest. Jungkook grabbed my arms and held them firmly against my side. "Go do us proud."

I nodded. "I will."

"I'll let you off the hook tonight but you're coming to a show with me someday soon." I nodded again. "See ya, doll."

He smacked my ass and I narrowed my eyes at him. "That hurt."
"Oops."

I pried open the glass doors of Kwon & Letterman Law firm. I took the elevator up to his floor and was greeted by Naeun, Taejoon's secretary. A recent college graduate with a pixie cut, and a trendy sense of style.

"How are you this afternoon, Mrs. Park?"

"I'm doing great Naeun. How are you?"

"Fantastic." Naeun's eyes scanned the computer screen in front of her. "Mr. Park is in a meeting but I'll see if I can get him on the phone." I raised my hand as she picked up the phone.

"If he's in a meeting I'll just come back later. I didn't need anything-"

"No. No. It's perfectly alright. He gave me strict orders to contact him whenever you came by." She held the phone to her ear as she pressed a few numbers. "Mr. Park, Mrs. Park is here to see you. Do you- alright ...yes, sir....I'll send her in, you're welcome, sir."

Naeun placed the phone on the base. "He says he's finishing up. You can go on back. He's in the conference room. Last door on the right."

"Thank you."

"No problem."

I had to remind myself not to use my arms to cover my chest. The discomfort was overwhelming. If Jungkook hadn't confiscated my cardigan I would've thrown it on by now.

A group of older gentleman filed out of the conference room looking like cookie cutter versions of each other. All of them were older with grey hair dressed formally in pressed black suits with crisp white shirts.

Taejoon stood out amongst the men like a sore thumb. He was younger and devastatingly handsome.

Taejoon swiveled his chair around propping his legs up on the long table. I smiled as I leaned my back against the door, turning the lock.

"How are you?" He asked. His eyes dropping down to my cleavage. "You look perky." I bit my lip.

"Jungkook stole my cardigan."

"I'm glad he did," Taejoon said standing to his feet. He strolled casually toward me. "How has your day been so far?"

He sighed. "Tedious. What about you?"

I shrugged. "I spent most of the morning at the gym with Kookie. I meant to bring you some lunch but it slipped my mind."

"It's fine. I'll figure something out."

Taejoon moved in eliminating all the space between us. "You did something different with your hair."

"Jungkook's doing as well."

"Tell Jungkook I owe him one."

Taejoon splayed his hands over my belly trailing his fingers upward. Flicking the sensitive skin of my breast through my dress. I exhaled sharply.

He held one hand to my left breast while his lips found mine. His thin lips moved with my fuller ones bringing forth a familiarity that I found comforting.