sixteen: broke down & got back.

-

F A N G S

The door to Fangs' trailer swung open. He sat up on the couch, seeing Sweet Pea in the doorway. He seemed worried. "Bro, you gotta get to Alice's house like right now."

He jumped up, panicking, "What do you mean? Is she okay?"

"I don't know. Toni called me and said to get you and go over there. She said something about Alice having a freak out." Fangs sighed, knowing this happened one time when they were dating. Nobody knew about it, but it worried him. "She said Alice kept saying your name." Fangs grabbed his jacket, rushing out the door with Sweet Pea.

They ran up to the door, not even bothering to knock. The two ran up the stairs and into the girl's room. Toni was on the ground with Alice, stroking her hair as she sobbed silently into her lap. Fangs sat down next to them. He put his hand on Alice's shoulder, causing her to look up at him.

Alice sat up, still crying, and stared at Fangs. Toni got up and pulled Sweet Pea into the hallway, shutting the door on their way out. Fangs scooted over to Alice and pulled her into a hug. He knew how to help her. Exactly what to do, exactly what to say. He had clearly been in this situation before with her. She wrapped her arms around his waist and cried into his shoulder.

"You're okay," He whispered to her. "I'm right here."

She pulled away from the hug, wiping away her tears. "I'm sorry you came all the way over here."

"Do not be sorry, Al. You know I will always be here when you need me." She softly smiled at the boy. She leaned into him, wrapping her arms around him again. Alice drifted off to sleep in minutes. Toni and Sweet Pea made their way back into the room.

"How did you- What did you do?" Toni's jaw dropped. "I sat here for thirty minutes trying to get her to calm down and you walk in and she's out in five minutes."

"Lover boy's got the magic touch," Sweet Pea joked. The two laughed. "Looks like you got this under control. We'll go."

"You don't have to. Just turn a movie on." Sweet Pea looked at Toni as if asking for permission. The two laid down on the bed and turned Alice's TV on, scrolling through Netflix.

Halfway through the movie, the bedroom door opened. Alice's father stepped into the room, causing Alice to stir awake.

"Hey, dad," She sleepily rubbed her eyes.

"What are you guys doing?" Alice's father questioned.

"Nothing," She replied. He mumbled an okay and exited the room, closing the door. Alice looked up at Fangs, smiling. "I'm starving."

Fangs chuckled at the girl. "What do you want?"

Sweet Pea cut in, "I could go for a milkshake and some fries."

"I agree with him," Alice said pointing at the serpent laying on her bed. Toni and Sweet Pea turned the movie off and stepped out of the room, Fangs and Alice standing back for a moment.

"Are you okay now?" Fangs asked the girl.

She responded with a quiet voice, "Yeah. Thank you." He pulled her into a tight hug, softly kissing her forehead. They made their way down the stairs.

"Hey dad, we're gonna go to Pop's."

"Okay. Have fun," Alice's father yelled from the kitchen. The group of friends walked out of the house and made their way to Pop's.

-

A L I C E

"What the hell were you doing with Fangs last night?" Reggie came up to Alice who was sat in the lounge doing her homework.