"It is not being possessive!" she reproached.

"Oscar, my buddy!" Kelvin cheered. "What's your answer?"

"I would let her go, if she is extremely happy with the guy,"  his soft voice uttered.

"Bro!" Don gushed. "You can't be serious!"

"Don, you haven't meet Oscar!" Kelvin teased. "He is the definition of a softie".

Alex and Don choked in laughter. The ladies didn't find that amusing.

"You know!" Theresa yelled, interrupting their bout of laughter. "Guys with big hearts are the real men".

Alex gasped at her comment. He didn't expect that. At least, not from Theresa.

"So, you... " Theresa pointed at the three guys. "Should emulate him. He is a Prince Charming ".

Don scoffed, Alex snorted and Kelvin laughed.

"What's with the speech?" Kelvin asked amidst laughter.

Thelma wanted to defend Oscar but she didn't want Alex to get the wrong idea. She didn't want him to think she had a relationship with Oscar. She turned to Oscar who stared at Theresa, amused.

"Awwn!" Oscar exclaimed.

Everyone turned to him. His dimple got deeper as he smiled. "The great Theresa stood up for me. I am quite honoured. This is a day to remember".

Theresa cracked a smile, "Duh! I needed to defend my sister's future boyfriend".

Thelma froze. She sat still for a second before turning to see Alex's reaction. He wore a scowl.

"Okay guys! You all haven't answered" Caroline squealed.

"Hey!" Theresa called out. "I won't stress it. If the guy likes another girl. Fine! I will be happy my best friend is happy. I won't ruin our friendship".

"You, twin are full of surprises!" Kelvin blurted out.

Caroline nodded in approval. "I didn't expect that reply from you, Theresa!"

"What? I go for the best! That guy might not be the best" Theresa smirked and shrugged.

"Kelvin, what about you?" Caroline asked.

"First, I would.... no... Wait! I mean... Come on!... There will definitely be jealousy and... " he stroked his jaw. "When I am jealous, I could sneak to his room and chop his throat into pieces" he whispered with a scary tone.

"Ursula, your turn!" a smiley Caroline leered.

"It is simple" Ursula rose up. She stood firm beside Caroline and looked at them, as if to address a crowd.

"Love shouldn't be force. True love gives way to freedom. Love is kind. Love is tolerant. If I truly love him then I should make sacrifice.... " Ursula continued her speech while Kelvin leaned to Theresa.

"What's with the lecture?"

"I don't know, Kelvin" Theresa shook her head. "This is frightening".

"I have read a lot of romantic novels and I have come to understand that when you love a person, your heart yearns for them. That means I would be troubled if the guy I love doesn't love me as much. Now, if he wants to be with another person... " Ursula, the new professor and our beloved nerd lectured.

"When would this end?" Alex muttered. Theresa shrugged.

"Maybe never! She looks like her nerd power is fully charged" Theresa whispered to the guys. The guys snickered like naughty students and gave themselves fist bumps.

Ursula stopped talking as soon as she saw them. She bit her lips and fiddled with her fingers. "Sorry! I didn't mean to sound..." she trailed off.

"Nerdie?" Theresa jeered. She yawned pretentiously and added, "Don't worry, I yawn when I'm interested".

Everyone snickered at the remark except Thelma. "Guys! Don't be rude. Let her talk" Thelma scolded.

"Sorry mum!" Kelvin replied.

Thelma frowned but was quick to replace it with a smile.

"In a nutshell, if you truly like a person, you would be happy when they are happy. That's why I would let go of the guy" Ursula concluded and scrambled back to her seat.

"Let's put a round of applause for Ursula" Kelvin cheered. Everyone took his words seriously and clapped.

"Yeah! I was clapping because the speech ended, not that it was amazing" Kelvin sneered. Ursula shut her eyes and cringed in embarrassment.

Theresa cocked a brow at him, "That was jerk-like"

"That girl is awkward"

"Kelvin, you are some... " Theresa paused and ruffled his head. "some dummy!"

"We are now at Florida. Everyone please take your seat as we prepare for landing " the speaker announced. They sat still and braced themselves for it.

An hour later and they found themselves, standing in front of what looked like the most dazzling mansion they had ever seen.

The mansion looked more like it was cut out from Architects Today magazines. All the newest features were built into this house with no sentimentality for the old ways. The house was a series of rectangles constructed  of steel, glass and concrete. Its roof was flat with no visible chimney. It was unapologetically modern. It stood amidst the manicured lawn as if beamed there rather than constructed. What really made them gawk was the water fountain that glimmered under the setting sun. It was close to the side of the building. Beds of roses sat at the edges of the fence. The balmy air smelt and felt fresh, void of pollution.

The image is above☝☝That's how it looks.
Do you like it?

"If this is how the outside looks, then what awaits us inside?" Kelvin gaped.

"Welcome to our home" Don teased. "Let's live like high school friends".

They looked at him and nodded.

"Wait!" Alex called.

"What?" Don asked.

"I thought this was all for business?"

"Loosen up, bro"

    ~~~Author's note~~~

What do you think? So are you a possessive freak? How are my greatest readers doing?

Read more cos something exciting is about to take place in the mansion.
Thanks! Pls vote and comment. Love ya ❤❤❤