"Why Dad was given the chance to chase you while I am being asked to stay away to someone who now holds my heart?"

From this position, I could clearly see the visible smile on Mom's face. She looks relieve and happy. Alam mo yung mukha ng tao na hindi natatakot about anything that might go wrong her way? That's exactly how fierce my Mom is. Yung para bang wala itong kinatatakutan.

"Sam.." Inangat nito yung stress balls collection ko. Those were personally made. Pinasadya nila Leigh at Alliston. "Are you willing to give this up?"

"No. That's mine!"

Umangat ang sulok ng labi ni Mommy. As if she's expecting it from me.

"What if I told you that I will allow you to chase your happiness if you'll give this up?"

Umayos ako ng upo.

Is she telling me that If I give up my collections, she'll be letting me to chase Terry?

"Why would I have to chase my happiness if it's already infront of me?" itinuro ko yung stressball na hawak nito. "That's my happiness too. Whatever level of happiness you might ought it is, that's still another source. So No, I won't give that up."

Tumango si Mommy. Mas lalong lumapad ang ngiti.

Am I losing? But if I said that I'll give it up, she will be just pointing out that it's how things should happen. In order to be happy, someone must be able to let go. Even if it means her happiness.

"Sweetie, that's how Terry felt."

Naguguluhan naman akong nilapitan ni Mommy at naupo sa may gilid ng kama ko. She's caressing my face like she used to.

"Your collections are like Terry's comfort zone too. If you aren't ready to give up everything you have, she isn't ready as well."

"But Mo—"

"Terry has slight Avoidant Personality disorder, Sam."

I froze. Si Terry? No, Terry doesn't have it. She's strong.

"Mom, you must be mistaken. I've been with Terry and I can guarantee that she just had a mild self-doubt. But it has nothing to do with that."

"Does she have friends, Sam?"

I was caught of guard. I asked her that too. On the night that I cried with her dahil hindi ko matulungan noon si Grant. Terry has no friends.

"She has deeply rooted insecurities, Samantha. That's why your Grandpa doesn't want you to claim her now. Your personality isn't match to her. You two might just see yourselves breaking into pieces kapag nagkaroon na ng problema. Inner demons, Sam, are the hardest battle that a couple can face."

" Terry already expects disapproval and critism. She didn't even flinch when your Grandpa told her that she's not even pretty. She expects it but she's still sensitive. So in able to face it, she's avoiding relationships with other people. Whether intimacy or friendship." patuloy pa nito.

"How can she overcome that?"

"She has to trust you. She'll be drawn to you once you have her trust. But at the way we've seen it, you already earned and lost it."

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

"She's in between, Samantha. So that means that she's drawn to you pero hindi na sapat para piliin nya yung makasama ka habambuhay. You might have done something terrible to her."

Have I? Was it about the kiss that could lead us into something if I hadn't stopped it from coming? O yung times na nagsnap ako sa kanya at hindi ko sinasadyang maikumpara sya kay Corinne? Pero sya kasi. Lagi nyang isinasali sa usapan si Corinne.