Chapter 20

Samantha

"Are you expecting a call, Sam?" Tanong sakin ni Jen habang nagpapalit ng jersey.

Kanina pa kasi ako panay ang check sa phone ko. Terry's not answering my calls and texts for almost a week now. Pag pinupuntahan ko naman sya sa bahay nila ay lagi syang wala sabi ng Mama nya. Pag sa office naman nito ako pumupunta ay hindi ko talaga ito natatiming-an doon kahit pa tatlong oras ako maghintay pag uwian nya. Hindi ko talaga sya nakikita. O baka tinataguan nya ako?

What's wrong with her? She's still my betrothed for Pete's sake.

"C'mon, drop your phone. Terry won't call you." Kantyaw pa ni Van na nagpupush ups.

Si Leigh naman ang lumingon sa akin. "Oh, Terry is not calling you?"

I frown at her. "Yeah. Thanks to you, Leigh."

Imbes na maguilty ay tumawa lang ito.

"Why am I to blame?"

"You hit her insecurities. I may know what it is. But I know it has something to do with it kaya iniiwasan nya ko." Hindi ba at iyon ang inamin samin ni Leigh, na pin.point nito kay Terry yung mga insecurities nito?

"You really should thank me, Sam. At least we know your score, right? If she really likes you, she'll take a leap of fate in you. Just like what Corinne did to Aria."

"Would you just all stop comparing her to Corinne?" Frustrated na sabi ko. "Terry is way different to her. She has her own identity. I lived with Corinne for eight months. I've been with Terry for a week. But I can clearly have a list of their differences."

Natahimik naman ang mga ito.

"Are you really that giddy to talk to her? C'mon, I could help you." Leigh offered.

Pasimpleng umangat naman ako at lumapit dito na kunwari ay nagjojogging ako. Hinihintay ko na pilitin nya ako o di kaya ay sabihin nya yung naiisip nya.

"Ask me nicely, Sam." Pang uudyok pa ni Leigh. "I know something that will really help you."

"Fine, what is it. Tell me now."

Ngumiti si Leigh na tila ba nang aasar pa. "Ask me nicely, Sam."

"You're the reason why she isn't talking to me. You owe me. Tell it to me now, Leigh."

"Okay." Leigh then accepted defeat saka itinuro yung walang kamalay malay na si Van. "Van can help you. Her poser girl is working in their Ortigas branch as a HR Head. You can ask her to set you up with Terry."

Without a second thought ay nilapitan ko si Van.

"Hey, Van. You owe me right? I've done a lot for you when we were kids. Do me something."

Tiningnan ako ni Van na para bang hindi makapaniwala.

"Nagbibilang ka na ngayon, Sammie?"

Umiling naman ako. "I'm just pointing out that you have a lot of reasons to help me."

"If that's about Terry, forget it. I won't help you. She isn't a toy. She's a human, Sam."

"She's my betrothed."

"Another excuse please."

"She's.." Damn, what else is Terry to me? "I mean.. She is.."

"What?" Tumigil si Van sa pagpupush ups at umupo. Ngayon naman ay inaabot nito yung paa nito habang nakaupo.

"She's my friend."

Van is obviously frustrated as I am. Is she expecting me to say otherwise?

"It's okay, Sam. You can manage to not see us for a month. Si Alliston and Aria, you haven't seen them for more than eight months. So, just a week of not seeing your friend Terry is not a fuss."