Maisie glanced over at Alicia Spinnet many seats down from them, talking with Angelina Johnson. Please say yes, she thought.

"Who are you gonna go with, then K, if Jae ends up going with Alicia?" asked Milo. The twins both leaned forward to see the girl's answer.

"I don't bloody know," she said. "But we haven't gotten that far yet. Until it's clear Jae's going with Alicia, I'm not sorting anything."

Fred really hoped Alicia would say yes to Jae.

"I'll still be dancing with you, though," Jaeden said to the brunette. "We've gotta do our kitchen practice."

Kaya grinned.

"Of course we do," she said, as if it was obvious.

Kaya and Jaeden absolutely loved dancing, and so the two best friends had made up a routine that they both danced in their huge kitchens, as the tiles on the kitchen floor were extremely slippery so it was easier to shuffle. Their dance matched pretty much every song played, and it became such a natural dance that when Kaya zoned out, the moves would be constantly playing in the back of her head, wherever she was. She was beginning to think it was unhealthy, truth be told.

"Kitchen practice?" asked Lee, making a face. The twins looked equally confused, but Milo and Maisie were unbothered, for Kaya and Jaeden had performed it for them way too many times.

"Only one of the best dances made since 'Born to Hand Jive'," said Jaeden proudly.

"Born to Hand Jive?" asked Fred. "What are you on about?"

"Oh, 'Born to Hand Jive' is a muggle thing," Kaya said, not bothering to get into the explanation of muggle movies and then Grease. "Basically, our kitchen practice is just a dance we made up. That's all."

"Oh," said Fred. "I'll be looking forward to that, then,"

Kaya grinned.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

It was an average night in the Hufflepuff common room. Kaya's day had consisted of being scared to death yet again in Moody's class, discussing the Yule Ball with anyone who'd listen, catching up with her little brother, and swearing at Peeves the Poltergeist for dropping a textbook on her head.

Kaya, Maisie and Cedric were all sitting by the fireplace, writing letters to home. Kaya had only sent two since she'd been back at school, and so thought she should give her parents an update.

The two girls were singing an acapella version of the Grease soundtrack, of which Cedric knew nothing about apart from the fact that they sang it all the time. He still frowned in confusion every now and again when they sang certain lyrics he found extremely strange. Especially during 'Sandra Dee'.

"Elvis! Elvis! Let me be! Keep that pelvis far from me!"

"Literally, what the hell are you singing?" he asked, scrunching his face. But Kaya and Maisie just laughed, carrying on their common room concert as they wrote.

Everyone in Hufflepuff had gotten so used to them singing they'd learned to ignore it, by now. But the girls were usually drowned out by their housemate's bubble of chatter, anyway, so it was no bother to anybody but Cedric.

Kaya read through the letter she'd just finished.

Hi, Mum and Dad!