Corpse Party [Chapter 5]

It's been a week since. Still, Herald can't forget what happened in the party. His head can see Nana's grin. His skin can feel her lips touching his neck. Drifting to Quinn's very gentle touch and her voice resonating in his ear vividly like it was yesterday.

"Hey, Herald." Rein called behind him slamming a gray sheet of paper beside of him making a loud bang on the oak table echoed throughout the library.

"Mr. Fields. Consider this as your last warning." Miss Todd, our new librarian said to him through gritted teeth. He sank to a chair like an ice melting on a summer day.

It was the first time Herald saw Rein that embarrassed, it's like the first time he even saw himself so flushed, it made him puzzled if his friends had been messing with him. Like a prank that he doesn't know. He is shameless, period. That's the Rein Fields he knows.

"Look," Rein began. "Look at the news."

News?

If his Stepmom hear that she would rant again, over and over. "Nothing but these damn politicians and their smiles when the election's up. After that, you'll never see them again". It was her frustration that her hobby has been boring every election year. Dramatically, she'll say that she'll have wrinkles by the end of this crap. Or rather it was because his older brother, Timothy Blake being a politician.

He glanced to his side and saw nothing interesting in it. Moved back his focus to his studying of Pre-Calculus. He thought it would be a good time to divert his mind into something, instead of thinking about anything else.

"Look at the top page; the main feature," Rein tapped the top picture where a blurred face man laying naked on a red rose bed. His bloodless body shows no life left in him then words written: Greendale High Student Murdered in Cold Blood.

To the bottom of the picture he could read an article. He saw it, the very gnawing feeling in his stomach rising fast to his spine.

"It's Kingston. Kingston Floyd." He added.

Herald leaped out of his seat, his legs shove the wooden chair pushing it back with force as it demands space. It made a loud screeching noise as its feet scrape the tiled floor.

"Mr. Fields. That's it. Go to my office. Now." Miss Todd ordered, with utter voice. Her anger can be visible by a smoke coming from her pithy exhales. "And out Mr. Kingsley. Go to your class."

"We'll talk after school." He said sweeping the newspaper back to his arm hurriedly catching up to Miss Todd, trailing behind her. Her red hair swaying from the one side to the other.

* * * *

Kingston's dead. How? When? Why? Just what exactly happened after that day? And the real question is, who killed him. He knew nothing about Kingston or his life. Maybe he was related to drugs. A runner or user. Or maybe love affair. It sounded likely that would happen since he saw how flirty he was to girls, whoever they are. Or he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. As his thoughts gather random theories, he thought of Nana's father, Uncle Timothy Blake, the running mayor this election, and because it was her party. It'll be pure chaos to him, knowing that there was a guy dead a week after the party in his house. Scandalous, if he may say.

Coming to his math class and coming out it was only Kingston's unproven death theories that roamed his mind. He passed by his locker dragging his feet on the glossy floor like a cripple man. He fought the thought out his mind and think of something else. Anything. He wanted to move along, after all, there's no way he is the murderer, or Quinn or his friends. But Nana.