Peter rose a brow finding the excuse unbelievable. "Fine," Michelle admitted under the look, "I'm not busy. So ask away, but make it quick." "I just wanted to know, if you'll sign my yearbook." Michelle's face deadpanned, "that's all you stopped me for?" Before she could refuse, he gave her the pleading eyes that resembled those of a baby seal making him practically irresistible. She inwardly groaned, hating Peter a bit for how unavoidable he was. "Okay."

His face cheered, already pulling out the yearbook from his bag. Michelle found amusement at his childlike wonder despite getting ready to be in a much older environment: high school. She used a locker nearby to hold it steady as she wrote a message—that for her, was the closest thing to endearment she'd give. "Loser? Really?" Peter questioned, peaking over her shoulder as she wrote.

"Always," she answered, closing the book and handing it to him. Peter shrugged, "Oh well." He sent her a boyish grin, making the corner of Michelle's lips almost turn up. Almost. "So, Michelle. You know where you're going next year?" "I thought you said only one question," she teased. A mocking frown from him made her stifle a laugh. "I'm still applying to Midtown," she revealed. Midtown School of Science and Technology wasn't like some super elite private school, but it was tough to get into as they were considered a challenging school that bred scientists and future leaders of the world. Michelle has always been exceptionally brilliant, so there was no doubt she'd be getting in.

"So am I," Peter said enthusiastically. "I'll see you there then," Michelle replied with an awkward smile. "Cool." Michelle then walked away, book stuck in her nose once more. Meanwhile Peter went off the other direction to find Ned. The smile never left his face, happy to have talked to his old friend, but it wouldn't prepare him for the life changing events that would happen in the coming months after.

***

16 years old

It's been a few months since Liz Allen left Midtown, and Peter Parker was still sulking. Despite being told over and over again that it wasn't his fault Liz's dad turned out to be some psycho villain, Peter still felt he was the reason Liz left. If he had just been honest with her from the start. He sighed. Being in a class with another boring lecture wasn't easing his thoughts.

He looked up at the clock. Three more minutes of enduring this before the bell rings. Once it did he trudged along the halls as other people passed him rowdy to get to lunch. He entered the cafeteria not really wanting to bother getting in line, so he looked for Ned instead. He saw the boy already at their table. Ned looked entertained on his phone, probably watching some video about Star Wars. Peter took a seat next to him.

The guy in the chair happily greeted him, and started a long rant about all sorts of things. Peter hummed along time every word coming from Ned's mouth, but he wasn't actually listening. His mind had been too busy going over all the events—despite them being nearly four months ago. His brows were furrowed extremely and his head rested on his hand.

Suddenly, from out of the blue, a new voice entered in breaking through Ned's ceaseless spouting. "Frowning like that isn't going to make all your problems disappear, Loser," Michelle Jones had said not but a few feet away, across the table. Peter looked to her to find a smirk on Michelle's face. It was odd to hear from her; it's been a while. Peter saw it as refreshing and decided to play along.

"Then what will?"

Michelle looked around for a bit before looking in front, picking up her cup, "Tea."