Exactly How I Planned It.

Start from the beginning

She fits.

Perfectly.

When Dahyun finally decided to speak, it was so quiet that Momo could barely hear her.

"There isn't a place that I'd rather be... than here with you. Right now." Her breath brushed against Momo's cheek and her words seemed to tighten a rope around her heart. A rope she hadn't realised was there.

"You know," She continued, swaying Momo's body along with the music. "I'm still really cut that you chose Sana as your maid of honour instead of me." A giggle followed. Momo's favourite... one of her favourite sounds. The sentence made her want to reciprocate the laughter and tease her relentlessly (Sana is a better friend, so it's obvious I would choose her. HA!). It also made her want to cry.

"I couldn't do that to you, Dahyunie." Momo whispered.

I could never do something like that.

"I know you wouldn't." She said. Dahyun's hands pulled at Momo's waist a little tighter and Momo pulled her closer in response.

They swayed together, impossibly close.

In the back of Momo's mind, she wondered if anyone was staring. She wondered if Heechul was watching and Dahyun could sense it. She knew how to read Momo like a book. Nobody else would have seen the subtle tension in Momo's shoulder's or the tiny change in the rhythm of her breaths.

Dahyun pulled back slightly so she could look into Momo's eyes.

"Do you want to go outside for a bit?" She asked.

Momo is helpless to refuse any request from Dahyun, so she nodded.

Once outside, the masks came down and the costumes they both wore unravelled.

They intertwined their hands as they looked to the night sky, both pretending to understand the constellations. Both connecting the dots. Both knowing that the pictures the sky made were very different in each of their minds.

"How does it feel?" Dahyun asked.

To be married. To be married to Heechul? To be married to anyone that isn't Dahyun?

Things were going wrong.

Nothing really ever goes to plan.

"This isn't what I planned." Momo finally admitted. "Not exactly."

They didn't look at each other. If they had turned to look, Momo would have seen Dahyun's eyes filled with as many tears as there were in the night sky. Dahyun would have seen Momo's eyes filled with regret. A deep-set regret... a regret she had never planned for.

Nothing ever goes to plan.

"I had a plan once too." Dahyun mumbled. "But everything went wrong."

Everything is going wrong.

Momo had the strongest urge in the world right then and there. The unexplainable pull to run away, never look back, forget the best day of her life and take Dahyun with her.