~6~

**Eden's P.O.V**

These three men had found me while I was walking on the side of the road. They asked me a series of questions. I'm honestly impressed that they thought to ask these questions, but you can't trust anyone, especially the living. They said they had a group and would make sure I was safe. I know trusting some men you just met was strange, but I needed a group, and if they tried anything, I had a few tricks up my sleeve.

"So what's your name?"

"My name is Eden, and you?"

"Rick, this is Hershel and Glenn"

"and this weird guy right here?"

"I don't know his name. We're taking him back to get him fixed up and ask him some questions."

"Oh"

everything went quiet until we pulled up to a farm where many people were standing around. Rick, Glenn, and Hershel got out while Rick hugged what I'm guessing was his family, and Glenn hugged some woman I think was his girlfriend. Rick grabbed the boy next to me while Hershel opened my door and held out his hand for me to take. "Come on, darling, don't be afraid."

"I ain't afraid of anything, sir," I said as I got out of the car and stood beside him while everyone looked in my direction. Then I heard a voice that made me freeze.

"Eden!"

I looked up and saw Daryl with a shocked expression, I had tears in my eyes, and I felt like I couldn't move any part of my body. My heart was racing, just like the first time I met him.

"Daryl?"

He smiled, and I ran into his open arms and hugged him tightly, but the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine, and I thanked the gods he was holding me up. I ended the kiss and laid my head on his chest, crying; I had found the one man I'd been trying to find."Damn, it was about time you two kissed."I looked up and saw Merle with a big grin; I smiled big, let go of Daryl, and ran to hug Merle. He opened his arms, and I hugged him too. I had them both.....thank you, lord.

"Umm, so you know her?" Rick asked

"Yea, this is Eden. She lived next to us and was the only girl to give us the time of day."

"I thought you two dumb ass rednecks were lonely rude bastards," this one guy saidI walked over to him with a curious look. "Excuse me, what's your name," I asked sweetly, and he gave me this creepy grin.

"My name is Shane, sweet cheeks."

Merle oohed, and I gave him a big smile. "Well, call me sweet cheeks one more time, and I'll cut off your dick, shove it so far up your ass you won't walk straight for a week...... and I suggest you keep your mouth shut about them boys because they are my family ass hole."I walked off and went to Daryl's side; Glenn and Hershel were laughing. Merle smiled and said, "I could have told ya she doesn't like being called sweet cheeks."Daryl and Merle brought me to this big pit, and everyone sat down while Rick took that boy to a shed. When he got back, everyone started asking questions.

"so she was the only one that really talked to you guys?"

"yea, she came over, and I was being a dick and asked why she was there and if people had told her to stay away from the Dixon's. She said yes, and then I asked why she was there. Her answer was that she made her own judgments and wasn't good at listening to other people's suggestions. We became friends after that....."

"but you two kissed. That isn't friendly. That was more like a couple being reunited."

"I liked her for a long time, but I never said anything because I didn't want the only friend I ever had to run off, and today, I just didn't give a shit."

Everyone smiled.

"That's so sweet"

I smiled and felt Daryl's arms tighten around me, I looked up, and he leaned down, kissing my lips again, and I smiled. I pulled away and leaned my head against his chest. Merle smiled and held my hand as we talked about everything. When it was time to sleep, Daryl dragged me to his and Merle's tent. I laid down on Daryl's sleeping bag while he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek goodnight. Merle smiled and said goodnight, and we all drifted off into a peaceful sleep.