⇛ skate

word count: 230

requested: @_AWildSuicidal_

summary: y/n's left surprised when steve asks them to teach him how to skate

•••

"if i die, i'm haunting you first."

"...think you can teach me that?" steve asks from his seat on the curb.
I pause and squint at Steve who's squinting right back at me.
"This?" I point to the skateboard pinned under my foot, "You want me to teach you this?"
Who would've thought that pretty-boy Steve 'The Hair' Harrington would ever want to try skating. I mean, what if he messes up his perfect little face?
Pretty-boy stands up off the curb and stops right in front me.
"yea ... that..."
i sigh and grab the helmet i'd abandoned on the curb and toss it towards Steve.
"alright then, hop on"
And with far too much confidence, Steve buckles up the helmet and, quite literally, hops on. Yet the laws of physics of course do not agree with this and send the skateboard flying out from under his feet as he's left on his ass sitting on the pavement.
"Don't even- don't laugh at me.." i force down a smile at his whining and help him back on his feet.
"Okay, okay, here. Keep holding onto my hands and get back on the board."
Steve looks at me with crazy fear in his eyes and i can't help but laugh.
"I'm serious, Steve! I've got you." He grabs my hands and places one foot on the board before pausing.
"If i die, i'm haunting you first."