Chapter 4: Bound Battles Part 2

"He.....will do fine...I feel. He is skilled naturally. Brave, clever, never willing to back down. The more I look over his progress the more I....." Daggeron hesitated and glanced towards his student, the object of the now hesitant filled conversation.

Clare was curious while Udonna had only confirmed her silent suspicions.

".....the more I see Leanbow Udonna."

Clare shot her gaze towards her teacher, "Leanbow? You mean your husband Leanbow Udonna?"

Nodding to her student's question, Udonna herself snuck a glance at the younger man sitting away from them, talking to his friends.
No doubt taking bets themselves over the next victor.

"I understand Daggeron. I do."

"We're ready Daggeron! Let's get this show on the road!" Xander shot Vida a smug wink and got into stance.

Narrowing her eyes, Vida followed him.
"Right!"

"Ready? Begin!"

Xander leapt forward with his sword positioned in-front of him, Vida, unlike Maddison, met the oncoming weapon with her own before retaliating.

Nick's eyes narrowed slightly, listening to Daggeron and paying closer attention.

Their moves were precise, more controlled than the others, understandably so.
Chip was more childish by nature, not taking situations or tasks as serious as others.
Maddison was more bashful. Afraid even, to potentially hurt others, not trusting herself to give it her all.

But Xander and Vida played on their own levels, both more confident and aggressive to a point even.

Vida used her frame to roundhouse Xander's side, shoving him-and her- to the right.
Xander used the movement and it's momentum to pull the rope- tossing her past him and on the ground.

Vida spit the dirt she gathered out of her mouth and growled, "Oh your going to pay for that tree-boy!"
Quickly getting back to her feet, she rushed to the offensive.

Xander moved and countered her angered assaults, weary of her next decisions.

Huh

"I think that.....Xander's got this." Nick voted to their previous bets, also gaining the audience's attention.

"Oh?" Daggeron questioned before offering, "How can you tell Nick?"

Nick looked back to the bound battle in front of them, solidifying his answer.

"While they're around the same level, skill wise, Vida's more violent in her actions- easier to anger. More importantly more easier to miss."

He thought back to his spats with Koragg. How numerous times he's been told by him of all people to better control his temper.

"Xander can keep his head clear to make better decisions of his own cause he's already had a lesson or two about ego and concentration." Nick muttered that last bit a little quieter, not wanting a reaction like Chip's the last time he commented.

Maddison grimaced. "Yeah....V can get that way sometimes. Say a certain thing in front of her and all see can see is red."

"Heeya!"

They turned back around to see Vida jump above Xander to try a kick downward at him, only for him to raise his sword to act as a shield.

Xander pushed the sword and her away from him, having to pull against the rope to keep himself up straight. Not waiting long after she landed, he flung himself at her.
She barely had a chance to block one incoming swing to be hit by the other.

Vida, in an attempt to distance herself from her opponent, swung her own sword around, making him back up.

But Xander took advantage of one of her widened swings to elbow her side and disarm her weapon from her hand, then kicking her abdomen sending her down, ending the battle.

"Oooooh...Sorry V, maybe next round?" Maddison encouraged her sister, showing a sympathetic smile.

"Oh yeah! A point for the bros!" Xander and Chip shared a high-five, smiling widely themselves.

"The 'bros' point Xander?" Nick spoke up to the group, "Sure, but last time I checked the bros and the gals were now tied."

"Oh! Maddie VS Xander! Tie breaker!" Chip bounced.
"Yeah like a winners bracket!" Vida agreed, wanting a chance to one-up them.

"Then shouldn't there also be a losers bracket Chip? Meaning Chip VS Vida?"
Xander brought up.

"Yeah sure but-"
"-Guys, guys." Maddie interrupted the competitive members, "We can do a....losers bracket or whatever after Nick and Daggeron AND if we have time. We still have work tomorrow even if it's a Friday."

Maddie. Always the voice of reason.

"Oh come on!"