Chapter 7: Legacy

Udonna looked to Daggeron, her face filled with questioning as to why her trusted friend had told the younger man their story.

"I-I'm sorry Udonna....I had told Chip about your husband....it had slipped by mistake and....you know how he is....once he wants to learn something, it's quite pointless to say no."

"B-but Daggeron made me swear that I wouldn't tell anyone!-and I didn't!.......until now anyways......"

Daggeron sighed while the rangers looked to one another, Undonna had been married?

"Udonna.....perhaps it is time that we tell them....your husband was a great teacher, and a greater man..."

A flicker of sadness bleed through the sorceress.

Nick felt his heart tug a little, her husband was obviously gone, but the passing of time didn't make that fact any easier to bare.

"Yes.......I suppose Rangers, it is time for you to hear the truth. The whole story."

Long ago, at the peek of the Great War stood champions in a battles wake.

Five warriors of magical background, each baring an element and skill.

The Power Rangers.

Protectors of the magical realm that they deemed home, facing against the Master's great horde of evil in attempt to keep the balance safe.

But they were not the only ones on the front lines; those with magical expertise stood tall beside them.

Udonna remembered these days well.

The current Rangers took their seats within the sanctuary of Rootcore, remaining silent as the tale progressed.

"Before the Great War, Leanbow and I were happily married with our son Bowen."
She smiled bittersweetly.

Daggeron took the next step, "Leanbow had been my mentor. He had taught me to always fight bravely and with honor."

The man leaned against the wall.
"When the forces of Evil rose, we attacked on all fronts."

"Leanbow and his team had fought courageously-but Morticon and his army were took much to handle."

"To tip the balance in our favor, we needed a plan. Leanbow met with Niella and myself-"

"-Leanbow! There has to be another way to end this!" The Gatekeeper cried out.

"Teacher-you know how deceptive and tricky the Master is! With your current plan....there's no guarantee that you'll come back alive!"

"I understand this.......but I'm going."

"My husband had always contained a particularly stubborn streak, he always did things his way."

Vida snickered, flicking the back of Nick's head.
"Stubborn? That sounds familiar aye?"

Nick slightly bristled, flicking her back in a playful retort.

Daggeron smiled fondly, "I remember those times. He had done things honorably."

"Remember, we remain by your side always."

"Before we left, while Niella and I prepared for the final battle, we were joined by someone that we previously thought we could trust."

"Teacher! I wish to fight alongside you!"

Chip frowned.
"But I thought that....that Calindor was our enemy?"

Undonna's face grew stern, their previous warm atmosphere cooling sharply.
"Make no mistake Chip, he is. At once been a dear friend had made the sting of his betrayal that much more."

"When the battle had reached the surface world, I knew, that they'd be after our son. Bowen. Born of magical blood. Having the power and potential to bring light in the darkest times. To bring an end to the dark force's domination entirely."

The Rangers gaped, a child-their child-had the possibility to end it?!

"In the heat of the battle, I had been trusted with safeguarding Bowen somewhere else. As I left, Calindor made his viper like intentions known, attacking us."

"-Give me the child!"

"NEVER!"

"The temptations of dark magic encased Calindor, possessing and granting him more power then ever. In the end, our magic repelled one another, colliding and rendering us both cursed."

Their teacher sighed deeply.
"As for Bowen.....it had been brought forth recently that, Phineas, found and brought their son to the safety of the human world."

Maddie consider it.
"So your son....is alive somewhere..."

The sorceress physically brightened.
"Yes.....somewhere."

"Leanbow, with his strength and leadership, lead the final assault and banished the forces of Evil behind the gate, commanding it to be closed and sealed."

"Sealed within, Leanbow continued the fight....for assumably as long as he could....alone."

"Leanbow and Niella gave their lives for us all.....to uphold the balance and peace........."

Xander growled, standing up firmly with a fierce determination.
"Their sacrifice will not be in vain!"

Vida nodded, "Yeah! They won't be forgotten!"

Chip smirked, "We're not gonna stop fighting either! It's the least we can do."

Nick stood and smiled, more than ready to join his friends-

"-ack!"
Nick's eyes closed shut, that sharp and painfully familiar sensation entering the back of his head.

He fell back into his seat, both of his hands cradling his pounding temples.

"Nick!"
"Nick are you alright?!"

The red ranger took in deep breaths, attempting to calm his nerves.

He look up, frustration written on his face.

"It's Koragg......he's wants to fight...."