Love advice

Killua hesitated. His hand just an inch away from Leorio's apartment door. Finally, swallowing his pride, he tapped his knuckle against the wood. This better work...

There was a pause and a thud from inside, he could just barely hear a curse from Leorio, "Sh*t!"

Moments later the door swung open. Leorio was there, looking slightly frazzled, "I'm sorry, we're not interested in boy scou- Oh Killua!"

Killua puffed his cheeks, a habit he picked up from Gon, "What the h*ll, old man?!" Killua growled.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Leorio raised his hands in mock surrender before sighing, "It's good to see you! Eh? Where's Gon? Aren't you like- always with him?"

"Hey! Shut up! I can go where I please! I don't need Gon for everything!" Killua shouted, evidently annoyed.

Leorio chuckled, having successfully pushed Killua's buttons, "Yeah, okay. So what brings you by?"

Killua flushed, looking away, "Huh? Oh, it was nothing..."

"Doesn't sound like nothing," Leorio teased.

"Shut up! I said it was nothing, so it's nothing! It was stupid anyway..." Killua quieted at the last part.

Leorio thought about teasing him more, but refrained. He looked at the silver haired boy with a softer gaze and would have invited him in if Kurapika hadn't appeared behind him, wooden spoon in hand. "Leorio, who's at the door. Is it the boy-scouts again? Oh- Killua!"

"WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M A BOY-SCOUT?!"

Kurapika stifled a chuckle before inviting Killua inside, "You should come inside. It's kind of cold, I'll make you some tea. I'm also cooking dinner if you want any."

Killua waved his hands, "Oh, you don't have to go through all that trouble. Also- I didn't know you could cook. In the hunter exam they said you were just as bad as-" Killua was cut off by the wooden spook Kurapika held, flying towards his skull.

"Oops. My hand slipped," Kurapika apologized, slightly irritated before skulking back into the kitchen.

Leorio chuckled as did Killua when the blonde was out of sight. After the laughter subsided, Leorio explained, "He learned shortly after the exam. Having been influenced by the second phase."

"Ohh," Killua nodded.

The two of them began to catch up and laugh about all the stupid things Gon had done. Killua loved to talk about Gon, Gon had never ceased to amaze him. Everytime he thought Gon had reached his max level of stupidity, there it was, another bizarre idea. And yet, there was always a hint of intelligence in Gon's actions and everything would always turn out fine. Killua liked to believe that it was Gon who made everything alright. Until he met Gon, he hadn't known happiness.

"So, where is Gon?" Leorio inquired.

"Huh? Oh. He's probably at his aunt Mito's by now. I told him I was gonna stop somewhere and then meet him there. He offered to come with and wait for me but I told him to go ahead."

"Oh? Why'd you come here?" Leorio inquired.

Killua was about to answer when Kurapika emerged from the kitchen with tea and a fork? He set down a glass by Killua and then one by Leorio before holding the fork towards Leorio. Killua gazed at them with a puzzled expression. Leorio smiled, guiding the blonde's hand closer so he could bite off the fork. Killua gagged, "Ugh. Get a room!"

The brunette ignored him, chewing his food and swallowing before smiled, "Hey! That's pretty good!"

Kurapika smiled brightly, seemingly very pleased with himself, "I'm glad."