Chapter 2: Training

"Ah! Thanks for joining us Nick!" Daggeron egged on, warning a few laughs from his students.

Nick rolled his eyes, deciding to play.
"Oh of course!" He placed his hand on his chest in a dramatic way, "I wouldn't dare miss this for the world!"

His peers cackled while Daggeron shot him a knowing looked(is that a smile that's he's hiding?).
Mission Accomplished

"Well now that everyone is present- we will be continuing duels. Today we'll see how far we've come along with swords and remember, Chip? No Magic."

Chip pulled a long face while Vida and Nick openly laughed at his expense.

"Oh! Oh! Udonna, can we go too?! I wanna see how far the rangers have come long with their skills. I've finished my work for this morning!"
Clare, Undonna's niece and apprentice asked.

Undonna herself raised a well meaningful eyebrow, "Oh alright Clare."

"Yes!" Clare cheered as the ranger team went out Rootcore's entrance and into the woods.

Nick looked towards their teacher, pondering. "Daggeron? Ah...who's facing who for the tournament?"

Daggeron(who was leading the party) glanced around back at Nick(who was near the back). "Well Nick, myself, as well as Udonna, have decided the matches based on their certain skill aspects." Addressing the group as a whole now, "You each will be paired with the closest of skill. Chip you will be facing Maddison. Xander and Vida will be following."

They grinned at each other in anticipation, moving closer to their assigned partners as they continued the path.

Nick frowned.
Their odd numbered team getting in the way of a partnership.

Clare noticed this as well, "Uhh....Daggeron?" Gaining the groups attention again, "Who will Nick go against?"

The other member looked surprised at the sudden realization in odd numbers, looking to Nick with sympathy-who narrowed his eyes at them.

Daggeron pauses for a second.
"Well...as it would make sense to have Nick face the winner, but....." he hesitated.

Udonna smiled in that understanding way she had that could only come naturally, "We thought that maybe Nick could try against Daggeron if he so wished to."

Their eyes widened at the prospect.
None of them had ever really faced against their teacher one on one.

Besides lessons and team exercises, they mainly went against each other during bound battles.

Nick hesitated before turning to Daggeron with a determined attitude.
"If Daggeron isn't afraid? Of course!"

Udonna chuckled at the trick he used while the others either looked at him with surprise or laughed.

Daggeron looked slightly offended(making Nick begin to regret the comment) before turning his lips in a smirk.
"Afraid? Never young student."